Sponsored

small paint chip

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I can't believe it guys. I still haven't had my other issues addressed and I just found a very small paint chip close to the front of the bumper on the hood. I'm pretty sure it was there when I got the car as I did notice a little white spec, but thought it was just a piece of dirt or something and didn't look at it close until yesterday. It is very small, about the size of the end of a ball point pen. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be covered under warranty unless I say it was there when I took delivery and it may be too late now. In all honesty, it may be less hassle to just try to fix it myself with a touch up kit. I've used several in the past in black, gray and silver, but would have to see if they even have guard at the auto parts store. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Sarah2015

CTURTLE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sarah
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium (RR)
can confirm this works. The paint match for my RR is perfect, and it's incredibly useful for small rock chips, scratches, and road rash. A few hours with this stuff and they'll be completely gone!
Good to know! I ordered some for my RR last week.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Which dr colorchip kit is really needed? Was gonna grab one for my car and wife's murano. Is it best to order from them or can it be found cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Man, I just barely bumped my door against the siding and now there is a very small chip at the point at the end of the door too. I'm thinking something like duplicolor paint pen should cover it since its very small?

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have had very good luck with the factory touch-up paint. For chips I don't use the brush or the pen. I use a sewing pin. I dip the top of the pin in some well mixed paint and then lightly touch the top of the pin, not the sharp end, to the chipped area. it will flatten out when it dries. Don't mess with it. It's tempting but leave it alone.

Next time I do it I will try and post pics.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have had very good luck with the factory touch-up paint. For chips I don't use the brush or the pen. I use a sewing pin. I dip the top of the pin in some well mixed paint and then lightly touch the top of the pin, not the sharp end, to the chipped area. it will flatten out when it dries. Don't mess with it. It's tempting but leave it alone.

Next time I do it I will try and post pics.
If you really want it to disappear, you can always sand it flat and then polish.
Sponsored