Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Haha yes! Made my day. This shifter has already been ordered by a bunch, if you're looking to change up your shifting and never miss 2-3 again, let me know bud! :)
How ironic you would say "never miss 2-3 again". That in fact happened earlier today against a Challenger, still walked him, but def need to replace the stock shifter David.
Sponsored

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
cant wait to do a side by side comparison of this and the barton!

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Haha yes! Made my day. This shifter has already been ordered by a bunch, if you're looking to change up your shifting and never miss 2-3 again, let me know bud! :)
How ironic you would say "never miss 2-3 again". That in fact happened earlier today against a Challenger, still walked him, but def need to replace the stock shifter David.

And guess who points my man rob at steeda??????:cool:

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
OK [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], had my Steeda Christmas list all set until you dropped this bomb!!!
So how to re-write this list? Chassis parts or Tri-Ax shifter:frusty:
Hold on,:doh: Tri-Ax shifter AND Chassis parts.:D

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Damn I was going to see if you wanted my trans mount and driveshaft loop I'll be recycling when my Steeda Shifter gets here...

Sponsored

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Ironic for sure! At least it didn't affect the outcome this time :)

:)

OK [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], had my Steeda Christmas list all set until you dropped this bomb!!!
So how to re-write this list? Chassis parts or Tri-Ax shifter:frusty:
Hold on,:doh: Tri-Ax shifter AND Chassis parts.:D
:D Let me know if you need help re-writing it, English was my strong suit! You know I will make your list very attainable :cheers:

Damn I was going to see if you wanted my trans mount and driveshaft loop I'll be recycling when my Steeda Shifter gets here...
Where there's a will there's a way :)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Steeda's S550 Mustang MT-82 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is manufactured from high-quality aircraft-grade aluminum making it 20% lighter than the competitions' shifter assemblies. The shift lever itself on our Tri-Ax is made from heat-treated and nickel-plated 4140 steel, making it the strongest part out on the market. All hardware is stainless steel for the highest corrosion-resistance possible.
David, both Barton and MGW use 6061-T6. I assume you are using the same. What makes the alloy you are using any lighter than theirs?

Is this shifter reusing the stock multi piece linkage?
I wondered the same thing almost immediately because it isn't shown or mentioned. David, what material is the horizontal shaft that isn't shown that resides below the pivot? Does it exit a hole in the lower "box" and enter the circular stub you use with the rear bushing via a hole?

Sponsored
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Is this shifter reusing the stock multi piece linkage?
This shifter does reuse the stock linkage.

David, both Barton and MGW use 6061-T6. I assume you are using the same. What makes the alloy you are using any lighter than theirs?

I wondered the same thing almost immediately because it isn't shown or mentioned. David, what material is the horizontal shaft that isn't shown that resides below the pivot? Does it exit a hole in the lower "box" and enter the circular stub you use with the rear bushing via a hole?
They also use some steel in their designs. Since we design, engineer and manufacture everything in-house, we are able to put the strength where it needs to be and therefore save weight in other areas.

We are using 6061-T6 as well.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just to be clear David, when you say "this shifter does reuse the stock linkage" does that include the shaft and pivot cup inside the lower shifter box as well as the linkage that connects to the transmission "rod"?

I suppose a photo of the internals as well as an installed photo would help.

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
The best mod I ever made on my 2001 Bullitt was a Steeda Tri-Ax, I wouldn't hesitate to install one in my 15 if it was a manual.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Does this work with the magnum xl swap for us? I believe it did for the s197. Didnt want to assume it automatically would for the s550

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Does this work with the magnum xl swap for us? I believe it did for the s197. Didnt want to assume it automatically would for the s550
I am pretty sure it does as that is the trans in their Steeda car. I am pretty sure it was tested on that car. That is my assumption :D
Sponsored