Sponsored

2019 Ford Mustang brings California Special, rev-matching and more

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
So for 19 are there 3 greens (bullit, spinel, and nfg) or did they rename spinel green to need for green?
Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
The driver of the this car works at Ford and is in our local S550 club. Here's a better picture:
29314073_1031110787046103_1529860448822755328_n.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Is Royal Crimson officially done for 2019? :’(

Sponsored

TX2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is Royal Crimson officially done for 2019? :’(
My guess is it wasn’t selling well, I was observing a royal crimson mustang GT premium performance pack with black recaros, shaker audio, non-magneride, active exhaust and it sat in the lot for 5 months and at one point it was $44,000 when it had a $51k msrp.

robsilveri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mach 1, 18 GT
Has anyone considered this car might be a hint to a forthcoming 2019 Mach 1 special edition? I know the Mach 1 electric story from January but look at the California Special.....side scoops (69 Mach 1), side stripe (69 Mach 1), offset tri-bar mustang badge (69 Mach 1), rear deck spoiler (69 Mach 1). All it needs is the bonnet black out, hood scoop or shaker and we are there! Even the wheels sort of look like a Magnum 500 (not that these came on Mach 1 but are still period correct). Also the article says "Before long, the California Special had joined the ranks of Shelby, Boss and Mach 1 special-edition Mustangs." We have CS and Shelby, can we believe Mach 1 and Boss really are coming? Is this a hint or perhaps it's just wishful thinking?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think Need For Green looks fantastic here! Definitely needs black accents (badges/roof/spoiler/wheel)....but this, for me, is another great "hi-impact" colour like Grabber Blue :cool:

attachment.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
All going to plan, that's my exact plan :-)

WD :-)

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
You're probably right. Same thing happened with that pearl white in 2017. They were sitting unsold on lots nationwide.
True, I’ve been looking for one, but all the dealers I’ve reasearched had them with strange options and the 20” wheels. I haven’t seen a ecoboost or GT with the options I want in FL or adjacent states.

With the new active exhaust in the 2019 ecoboost, I’m really considering waiting to get one and save some money. Specially since I won’t use it on the track, I don’t need the extra power. Decisions decisions...maybe the new blue will be awesome.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
It looks like a bit much having the gas cap that big and the added letters, but the letters are unique among the trims for sure.

Regarding the tail lights that I see people mentioning are smoked on the 16-17 GTCS, does anyone have comparison pics? I can't really find anything that sticks out and it isn't mentioned with the description:
The description for the GTCS in the 2016 MY sales pamphlet does include:

"unique dark taillamp bezels"

However, I have never been able to distinguish any difference between the 2016 GTCS tail lamp bezels and the stock GT bezels... Even when the two were parked next to each other.

Maybe that car had the wrong tail lamp bezels installed cuz they ran out of the GTCS ones that day? I assumed that the dark bezels were revised out of the design and someone forgot to update the pamphlet.

Last edited:

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The reality is that auto rev matching will do the exact opposite of what you're fearing - it's going to sell more manuals. If it's anything like the Chevy system, it will be disabled with a quick push of a button (Chevy takes advantage of the paddle shifter space and turns the paddles into rev match enable/disable switches).

The manual transmission is fading away - there is no disputing it and little that you can about it. Tech assists such as auto-rev match will prolong the life of the transmission, as it makes buying for extremely amateur users (points at self) much more appealing.
If it's as easy to turn on and off as the Chevy system, that'd be awesome.

However, looking at the Bullitts pictures (which is 2019 model and has active rev-match), there are no paddles. I wonder how the feature is activated.

I'd HATE it if it automatically turns on and keeps itself on if you're in Sport or Track mode.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If it's as easy to turn on and off as the Chevy system, that'd be awesome.

However, looking at the Bullitts pictures (which is 2019 model and has active rev-match), there are no paddles. I wonder how the feature is activated.

I'd HATE it if it automatically turns on and keeps itself on if you're in Sport or Track mode.
Rev-Matching is a feature you can select and de-select in the Pony menu on the "front page" of that menu (assuming you have the digital cluster). I'm not sure if it saves the setting or not with key cycles, but hopefully it does. If not, it's literally 2 pushes of a button to toggle it, so not a big deal either way.
Sponsored