1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Shitty driver in the mustang, what else is new. Doesnt matter if the Euro stang is down on power, 13.2 is a shitty time. Driver should stick to driving auto cars.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Lmao 13.3 is nearly a full second from what I expect a "professional" driver to do on the 1/4th mile even with a weaker Mustang.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 speed
I test drove the kia at the auto show, and it was quick, but I can't see it being faster than the 18. Plus, manual vs auto is a stupid comparison on the strip nowadays.

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I went 12.6 in the middle of july in my bone stock 6spd 16... 13.3 is pathetic.

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
I hit a 13.0 with a shitty 2.2 60ft so this guy needs to learn how to drive that thing.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
And they shifted st 6500...

Either really bad driver or intentionally sandbagging. Quick car that Kia, though.
Yea, I definitely agree and am not arguing - the guy botched the entire launch and quarter run. They really should've had an auto since they clearly didn't know how the F to shift a manual properly.

The Stinger GT is a really nice car, though... but it's going to be hindered solely from that Kia badge, sadly. Car could be the best thing ever made and people will still hate it and refuse to get one simply because it's a Kia - if the same car was a Mercedes, Audi or BMW for $10-15k the people who hate on it based on the badge would probably have wet dreams about it :lol:
The mod results are really impressive on it too... From bolt-ons alone people are getting it to 400 wheel hp, from tunes alone people are getting it to nearly 400 wheel hp; haven't seen the numbers of bolt-ons + tuned yet as most tunes are "still in development" and the dynos/numbers are coming from tuners with their "release candidates", but I can only imagine what the end result will be. I imagine that the car will easily hit the 3s for 0-60mph with the bolt-ons + tune since people are getting 4.5 out of the box (even though Kia lists it as a 4.7).

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure some one from general Motors Trend wasn't driving :lol:

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I can't see the after market climbing all over a Kia Stinger. Mustang after market is healthy but look at how few 2018 parts are out now... I casually looked at buying a Stinger until the wife said "I Kia?"

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I can't see the after market climbing all over a Kia Stinger. Mustang after market is healthy but look at how few 2018 parts are out now... I casually looked at buying a Stinger until the wife said "I Kia?"
After market is already on it surprisingly. It’s the same engine that’s in the Genesis G80 Sport and G90 so that’s probably why there’s already bolt ons available and “soon to be out” tunes.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Guys I drove a stock stinger GT and it was as fast as my 15 GT was stock, mine was an auto with 3.55 gears. From a 5 roll the Mustang wins though. I also drove the dealers lap3 tuned stinger GT, it had a mild tune, no downpipes or exhaust, just a k&N intake. They currently have 2 better tunes available. The tune on the car was $ 600 piggyback and gave it around 55 hp and Tq. I would say that car would have outran or been right with my GT with headers and a Lund tune, it was a frigging beast. It was easily a 12.2 second car on stock tires. Honestly, there was less drama with the stinger, it was fast and stable.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Not to mention they don't look bad at all and have a 10yr/100K warranty. If I was in the market for a 4 door sedan, it would have to be right at the top of the list.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I love the Stinger and if I needed a 4 door car it would probably be at the top of my list. Having said that, after driving one for an entire day back in the fall, it doesn't feel nearly as fast as the Mustang. This magazine is just trying to create drama and get a headline with a crappy driver and an unfair auto vs. manual comparison. Maybe the Australian media just doesn't like the Mustang, another Australian journalist was ranting last year about the Mustang being a deathtrap just because it got a low NCAP rating for poor backseat seat belts and no autonomous braking. Another non-issue they pushed just for views.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
There was a long period of time where I would never consider buying a Kia.

They've come a long way, and the Stinger is a sweet ride.

With that said, I would still likely pursue other quick 4-door options.
Sponsored