DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Anybody know if the 18 manifold I'll work with the PP2? Thanks
Yes, it will work, but it'll run like shit without an updated tune which FP will not provide.

I had a talk with their engineers last week about this. The best route is to go with Lund, Bama or whatever tuner you prefer.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
What about PP1?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Just to be clear, I can have Ford install this AND and keep my 8 year / 125K warranty?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
What about PP1?
Think about it like this, The tune is what makes all these aftermarket parts come alive. Without that element your car will not effectively place the proper amounts of fuel with the influx of air leaving you with an improper air/fuel ratio.

This will lead to other side effects that if your not familiar with, will be expensive to fix/replace and DEFINITELY not under warranty :lol:

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
PP1 is a tune.

So far everything I’ve read, this intake worked well without changing tune, or very minor changes. Since the TB is not changing, I think it might be ok

My hope is that intake will work well matched to the PP1 tune. I plan on giving it a try later this year

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
PP1 is a tune.

So far everything I’ve read, this intake worked well without changing tune, or very minor changes. Since the TB is not changing, I think it might be ok

My hope is that intake will work well matched to the PP1 tune. I plan on giving it a try later this year
There all tuned products. That's the basis of this line.

All 3 variations run on certain parameters and changing one element will change those parameters and the resulting performance. If stuff goes boom that will not be a warrantable claim.

The beauty of these products is the warranty retention.

If your deviating from the plan why buy such a conservative tune? Go full aftermarket because your warranty is out the window anyways. You'll definitely make at least 20 more HP.

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
Just to be clear, I can have Ford install this AND and keep my 8 year / 125K warranty?
That's the idea. Some say you can have an ASE certified shop do the work and not void the warranty, or even install it yourself and have an ASE certified shop inspect it and turn the inspection receipt into Ford... but the dealer told my friend that if the dealer installs it you're safe for sure (when they installed his PP3). Not sure if anyone has actually had to put that to the test though via a warranty claim.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
From my understanding, the FRPP warranty covers your engine/drivetrain for 3yr/36k miles (starting from 0, not your current mileage). So if you currently have 35k miles on your car and get the tune, you are covered for 1000 miles.

Your 8 year/125k mile warranty won't magically disappear, however the dealership "could" deny any warranty claim they believe was associated to the tune after the 3yr/36k miles are up.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
There all tuned products. That's the basis of this line.

All 3 variations run on certain parameters and changing one element will change those parameters and the resulting performance. If stuff goes boom that will not be a warrantable claim.

The beauty of these products is the warranty retention.

If your deviating from the plan why buy such a conservative tune? Go full aftermarket because your warranty is out the window anyways. You'll definitely make at least 20 more HP.
I figured its pretty easy to install back the original intake manifold if I need to go for work at the dealer leaving no trace of the change. Can't do that with an aftermarket tune.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That's the idea. Some say you can have an ASE certified shop do the work and not void the warranty, or even install it yourself and have an ASE certified shop inspect it and turn the inspection receipt into Ford... but the dealer told my friend that if the dealer installs it you're safe for sure (when they installed his PP3). Not sure if anyone has actually had to put that to the test though via a warranty claim.
I installed mine myself (PP2) and did not have an ASE cert inspect it. Warranty covered my valve cover leak as it had absolutely nothing to do with the PP2.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I figured its pretty easy to install back the original intake manifold if I need to go for work at the dealer leaving no trace of the change. Can't do that with an aftermarket tune.
Lol, I knew you would say that. What are you gonna say when they have measured values outside pp1 in the datalog? What about the runner control? You gonna modify wiring or bypass altogether? Either way, no claim.

I would say just get a PP2, itll be cheaper and no headache if the warranty is that big of a deal.

Last edited:

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Yes, it will work, but it'll run like shit without an updated tune which FP will not provide.

I had a talk with their engineers last week about this. The best route is to go with Lund, Bama or whatever tuner you prefer.
What was the reasoning and are you sure they werent saying that for warranty reasons?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
What was the reasoning and are you sure they werent saying that for warranty reasons?
Their reasoning is that they already have the GT-350 IM for PP3 and they believe the GT-350 unit to be better.

It is most def not conservative according to shaun at AED.
It may not be compared to his product but I saw a similarly equipped vehicle on a Dyno at an event that I organized make 20 more HP then me with a lund tune.
Sponsored