Sponsored

MT Head 2 Head - 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs 2018 Mustang GT

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Dude I have owned and daily driven both and the Camaro is not "dramatically" less comfortable than the s550.
He hasn’t owned any, he’s just repeating what he’s read. :cheers:
Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You've owned a Gen 6 or S550 Mustang?

I thought you had Gen 5 convertible and went to the Stingray...
Both have high belt line and low seating, so very equal to the 6th gen. Seen many in 6th gen and vette’s taller then you and have no problems getting comfy. You think it’s hard getting out of the Camaro, try getting out of a Vette. :D But once your in, you feel part of the car. Don’t be a hater and actually go and drive one with a open mind.:thumbsup:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Both have high belt line and low seating, so very equal to the 6th gen. Seen many in 6th gen and vette’s taller then you and have no problems getting comfy. You think it’s hard getting out of the Camaro, try getting out of a Vette. :D But once your in, you feel part of the car. Don’t be a hater and actually go and drive one with a open mind.:thumbsup:
You can rest your arm comfortably on the window opening in a mustang. The belt-line in the camaro makes this an impossible task. This was (among the many) a deal-breaker for me with buying a camaro. I also don't like feeling like I'm sitting on the asphalt, or having to stop 1/4 mile before the stoplight to be able to see the light without ducking my head. Man, everything about the way the camaro feels sucks ass.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can rest your arm comfortably on the window opening in a mustang. The belt-line in the camaro makes this an impossible task. This was (among the many) a deal-breaker for me with buying a camaro. I also don't like feeling like I'm sitting on the asphalt, or having to stop 1/4 mile before the stoplight to be able to see the light without ducking my head. Man, everything about the way the camaro feels sucks ass.
I will admit that it’s a little annoying to rest your arm, but the performance out weighed that inconvenience. When I want to rest my arm, that’s what my F150 company truck is for.:cheers::thumbsup:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I will admit that it’s a little annoying to rest your arm, but the performance out weighed that inconvenience. When I want to rest my arm, that’s what my F150 company truck is for.:cheers::thumbsup:
Funny, I don't race people daily...but do rest my arm on the sill. The performance difference doesn't mean jack shit on the street with these two cars (legally).

People seem to forget that these aren't race cars for most, they are daily drivers. People with daily drivers tend to be more critical of compromises.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, I don't race people daily...but do rest my arm on the sill. The performance difference doesn't mean jack shit on the street with these two cars (legally).

People seem to forget that these aren't race cars for most, they are daily drivers. People with daily drivers tend to be more critical of compromises.
All performance cars can never be used to potential on the road, but that instant torque hit and carving back roads like your on rails is addictive.:D

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
All performance cars can never be used to potential on the road, but that instant torque hit and carving back roads like your on rails is addictive.:D
Man, I didn't know you drove an electric car!

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

You've made excellent points.

But you will never convince the Chevy guy because he's already invested in the brand. Nevertheless, there's a reason why Mustang sales continually exceeds Camaro sales.

And here are the reasons why ...

(a shortened version of what I posted before)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

... Grumbles about (Camaro’s) tanklike visibility remain
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-long-term-test-review

... Considering the headaches that abound inside the Camaro
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-ford-mustang-gt-page-2

... Hang an arm on the windowsill and your elbow rises to ear level
... Wide B-pillars and the rising beltline render the rear quarter-windows useless
... When the feds make blind-spot monitoring mandatory in the coming years, you’ll have this car to thank.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-page-3

... hanging your arm out the window can cause hyperextension of your shoulder …
... outward visibility in this new car ... is abysmal
...The tanklike construction ... makes every drive in the Camaro feel like an adventure in spelunking
... HVAC vents mounted so low in the center stack that they dispense air directly onto your shifting hand
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-automatic-test-review

... GM design seems obsessed with exploring how small it can make windows
... Blinkered visibility (again)
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-v-6-manual-test-review

... Visibility remains compromised
... cutting precious inches from the driver’s already compromised view aft feel like jokes taken a step too far
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-manual-first-drive-review

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
There are definitely some compromises with the Camaro, but it also gets huge accolades as being one of the best drivers cars even when compared against cars that cost 2-3 times more. No car can touch it in the $45Kish range.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
There are definitely some compromises with the Camaro, but it also gets huge accolades as being one of the best drivers cars even when compared against cars that cost 2-3 times more. No car can touch it in the $45Kish range.
Go-Carts are fund to drive too, but I wouldn't touch one for a daily driver. Just sayin.

Cole Quintin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Personally a huge turnoff for me on the Camaro, is the interior.. The $50k car needs something better inside for sure!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I don't think the Camaro interior looks "futuristic" at all... it all looks and feels cheap, and the ergonomics are awful (Not to mention, it just isn't aesthetically pleasing). Like the Hand vents and the downward angled infotainment screen, WTF??
Sponsored