Sponsored

Yes its true no new Mustang Body style till 2025-2026

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I disagree. The longer 1st gear in the 3160 is better for launching, putting power down, daily driving in stop and go traffic, etc... 1st & 2nd are pretty useless in the MT82 with 3.73s, let alone after increasing the power.

GT350s shift a bit heavy due to the cooler, but once you get heat in them (from driving or blocking off the cooler for street driving -Ford really should have a thermostat in the trans cooler) they shift WAY better than an MT82. But I guess if you only go to the grocery store, most people wont know the difference, which is why Ford probably cheaped out with the MT82 to begin with. It just kills me that the Mustang is mechanically inferior to the Camaro and so many people defend inferior parts rather than wanting Ford to make better and better cars. It does not make sense to me. I want the S650 to have coolers, a 3160, E-diff and be lighter, but it seems like many here wouldn't complain about having a solid axle and a T5.
The 3160 is definitely not better for launching when first gear winds out to 55 mph. Just look at 0-60 and 1/4 mile times with GT350s. With 3.73 rear gears in my 2011 I would skip shift if not in a hurry, so I do understand what you are saying about the MT-82. However, those gears are great for quick launches with big sticky tires.

And I know how the 3160 works without a cooler. My GT350 came without the coolers. I agree it works best when warm.

I definitely can be a complainer, but maybe less so than you. I've driven the Camaro with a manual transmission several times. I think the Camaro's manual transmission isn't very good. Either it's the transmission or the shifter, but it feels very cheap in my opinion. One of the significant turn offs of the Camaro IMO.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Why have you not purchased coolers for your current vehicle and changed over to light weight wheels and tires?

Why don't you stop bitching about what you wish your car had and fix it.
Probably because he doesn't actually own a Mustang but lists that he does to give himself some sort of imaginary credibility.

At least I own up to the fact that I haven't bought my Mustang yet.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Personally, I don't have a problem with a ten year update cycle, but I'm just a poser (read: non track hero) with a PP2 scheduled for delivery. :D Haters gonna hate :thumbsup:

If I do ever decide to track it and it doesn't perform to my expectations, I'll just visit the aftermarket. Don't see what the big deal is :shrug:

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
I disagree. The longer 1st gear in the 3160 is better for launching, putting power down, daily driving in stop and go traffic, etc... 1st & 2nd are pretty useless in the MT82 with 3.73s, let alone after increasing the power.

GT350s shift a bit heavy due to the cooler, but once you get heat in them (from driving or blocking off the cooler for street driving -Ford really should have a thermostat in the trans cooler) they shift WAY better than an MT82. But I guess if you only go to the grocery store, most people wont know the difference, which is why Ford probably cheaped out with the MT82 to begin with. It just kills me that the Mustang is mechanically inferior to the Camaro and so many people defend inferior parts rather than wanting Ford to make better and better cars. It does not make sense to me. I want the S650 to have coolers, a 3160, E-diff and be lighter, but it seems like many here wouldn't complain about having a solid axle and a T5.
I think for us living in such a phenomenal age for car lovers it has really spoiled us and can cause us to walk around with blinders. The cars we are getting from manufacturers nowadays are the best performing cars that have ever been on the roads (and very likely the best performing gasoline powered cars the world will ever see....forever). You are not going to buy right out of the box track car from Ford in a Mustang GT. That is just not going to happen. However, the GT is a great platform to build a corner carver/drag car from. Will the GT continue to evolve and get better? Yes, for sure and can't be denied it has in a huge way. But the Mustang GT and Camaro SS are cars that are meant for the masses who just wants to romp on the car on the way home from work and on those weekend trips for entertainment for places like the movies/grocery store. If you want to turn it into a track monster then you are going to have to put in some effort mod the car. Modding the Mustang has been around for an extremely long time and a very common practice. Although performance and equipment you get from these cars (Mustang GT) is extremely nice.

Now Ford doesn't leave the track enthusiast out in the cold and forget about them. They have those packages for them in the form of the PP1 & PP2 GT, GT350, GT350R, GT500, Boss, Boss Laguna Secca, Boss 302S... Not to mention the licensed deals they have with Roush, Saleen and Steeda. If you are more serious Mustang fan that goes to the track a lot, pick one the previously mentioned cars up and you will have a great platform for that application.

And with Ford going over to Europe with the Mustang you can believe it was in their best interest to put out a Mustang that was the best the market could support and still remain profitable with the car. Which by the way I was shown an article that proves the Mustang doing quite well in the European arena. The cars the Mustang is beating out is pretty impressive.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/05/mustang-sells-well-europe-us-automakers-dont-get/

It's hard not to be happy with the Mustang. But as the old saying goes, "You can't make everyone happy." But it sure appears Ford is making the majority happy given their sales.

Last edited:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why have you not purchased coolers for your current vehicle and changed over to light weight wheels and tires?

Why don't you stop bitching about what you wish your car had and fix it.
I am, but I apologize for not being satisifed that my car's biggest competitor offers coolers and Ford does not. I'm glad you're content living with low standards, you're the perfect customer for Ford :thumbsup:

The 3160 is definitely not better for launching when first gear winds out to 55 mph. Just look at 0-60 and 1/4 mile times with GT350s. With 3.73 rear gears in my 2011 I would skip shift if not in a hurry, so I do understand what you are saying about the MT-82. However, those gears are great for quick launches with big sticky tires.

And I know how the 3160 works without a cooler. My GT350 came without the coolers. I agree it works best when warm.

I definitely can be a complainer, but maybe less so than you. I've driven the Camaro with a manual transmission several times. I think the Camaro's manual transmission isn't very good. Either it's the transmission or the shifter, but it feels very cheap in my opinion. One of the significant turn offs of the Camaro IMO.
Then don't buy a 2018 Mustang with its tall gears.

You are not going to buy right out of the box track car from Ford in a Mustang GT.
Nope, but you can get a Camaro SS that is.

Now Ford doesn't leave the track enthusiast out in the cold and forget about them. They have those packages for them in the form of the PP1 & PP2 GT, GT350, GT350R, GT500, Boss, Boss Laguna Secca, Boss 302S... Not to mention the licensed deals they have with Roush, Saleen and Steeda. If you are more serious Mustang fan that goes to the track a lot, pick one the previously mentioned cars up and you will have a great platform for that application.
You can't be serious. Only the GT350TP & GT350R will last session after session on track. Well maybe the Bosses because they don't have the failsafe temp sensors to trigger a limp mode, and for the Supercharged Roush/Saleen/Steedas, :lol:

I guess most people on here are content with stick axles and crappy transmissions. It's really sad to see a group of owners who are content with below the status quo and don't want better for their car. Demand drives innovation and progress. It's pretty apparent there's not much of that here.

It's a shame because the 2018 makes more power than my PP3 car, probably gets better gas mileage too. I really want the MR suspension and active exhaust, but I guess I need to save up for a GT350 or go with a SS that doesn't look as good, doesn't have an awesome high revving motor. If the S650 still doesn't have coolers or a good diff, then have fun living in antiquity.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I am, but I apologize for not being satisifed that my car's biggest competitor offers coolers and Ford does not. I'm glad you're content living with low standards, you're the perfect customer for Ford :thumbsup:

You can't be serious. Only the GT350TP & GT350R will last session after session on track. Well maybe the Bosses because they don't have the failsafe temp sensors to trigger a limp mode, and for the Supercharged Roush/Saleen/Steedas, :lol:

I guess most people on here are content with stick axles and crappy transmissions. It's really sad to see a group of owners who are content with below the status quo and don't want better for their car. Demand drives innovation and progress. It's pretty apparent there's not much of that here.

It's a shame because the 2018 makes more power than my PP3 car, probably gets better gas mileage too. I really want the MR suspension and active exhaust, but I guess I need to save up for a GT350 or go with a SS that doesn't look as good, doesn't have an awesome high revving motor. If the S650 still doesn't have coolers or a good diff, then have fun living in antiquity.
You keep going on about stick axles..when that hasn't been a thing since 2014 (2015 MY). Also, you betray your ignorance when you speak poorly of the SRA, considering that when properly set up and considered to be part of overall suspension system, is easier to drive, more stable and better for power delivery, at the cost of NVH and ride comfort.

Your volume and preponderance of dismissive bloviation doesn't make your points correct, it merely highlights immaturity.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
You purchased your car knowing it didn't have differential and transmission coolers and continually bitch about it not having transmission and differential cooler. Quit whining about it. 99% of people don't give a rats ass about the coolers nor should they.

You want to bitch about something, bitch about the problematic AC system, not some cooler that virtually no one needs.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You'd think people who raved about Magneride on the GT350, GM cars, Ferraris, etc... Had some influence on MR coming to the Mustang. Same for Active Exhaust. All I'm doing is discussing what I'd like on the S650, because that's the topic of this thread. My comments on the solid axle is a jab at your complacency and justifications for antiquity. Can't argue with stupid. I'm out.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
This extended model run should help with resale values, I hope.

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros

So install some coolers and a "good diff" and drive it to work and the store. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

Supermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt pp with recaros
Dodge just announced that their not changing the design of the challenger until 2050

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Dodge just announced that their not changing the design of the challenger until 2050
I heard that is just the last 4 digits of the year.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Anyone think Ford is putting off the next gen Mustang because...
they don't plan to have a next gen Mustang or any Mustang?