Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hmmmmmmmm no. I got the tune from Procharger and the first tune gave me a idling rpm check engine code, second one didn't really do much except loose all power.

I am currently on number 3 and while it doesn't have the check engine light on anymore, the car randomly shut off at warm engine start up. While their tune is safe and probably won't blow up the motor, it's not great. I'm glad Erik contacted me regarding this but it feels like I'm bothering them everytime I email them about anything.
Yeah, pretty much the experience I've heard from others. Wait till they get you on revision 6-7 and still aren't able to fix it, but are willing to wait it out till you just go away.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
AMG engines may hold up to self-inflicted abuse, but god forbid anything electronic stays working for more than 3 years. I swear German car companies are getting purposefully screwed by whomever makes their electronic parts.
Well you can thank Chrysler for a bunch of that. LOL.

Like someone mentioned in here before, youre paid to be here.
Support is support man.
(just look at the threads I help out in that are "none" procharger related)

I have been on Mustang forums LONG before I worked here. LOL.
Been a member of SVTperf since it started...

I have had supercharged, turbocharged, and n20 mustangs since I was in highschool (sadly 20 years ago).
So I have been blessed/cursed with being around a lot of "issues" over the years in this fun hobby called Hot Rodding. LOL.

But being that my "job" is most peoples hobby.
I get to be around a LOT of F/I cars of all forms (even boats)

Which allows me to be around LOTS of cars(and boats) with issues.
Each time an issue happens, its almost FUN to get to the bottom of it.
Basically take something that isn't working right, or broken...
Fix it, and have the pride in seeing it run well after.

No different I am sure then a woodworking guy after restoring a table.

Again, I never said "HEY THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM"
I just said, there is at least one thing I would try....
Cause I know the cam angles I run produce a specific result.
There is nothing wrong with "TRYING" something.

If Erik wants to pass along a tune of his for me to datalog or toss my car on the dyno with, Id be more than happy to, but in the terms of my car right now my hands are tied behind my back until I get a fresh datalog and my car back on the dyno AFTER a revision or the all clear is given to me by Lund that everything is SAFE to run a pull for.
I don't use SCT, and even if I did,
I don't think it would work with a locked Lund nGauge.

So that's the bummer there.
Otherwise, you would already have a file in your inbox.

My first tune from Lund gave me a horribly shitty idle and stall. After that...good to go.
I am sure he deals with the same issues from time to time that we do, and literally every single tuning shop out there.

Literally everyday our software updates, (as does Ford's it seems lol)
And we all just do our best to keep up with it all, and catch any issues before they happen.

The days of popping in a "Chip" and going on our merry way are long gone.
Oh and to think I thought it was hard back then... LOL.

I would do ANYTHING to go back to 1999 and start my career in racing all over again, (and tuning for that matter) lol.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
great. I'm glad Erik contacted me regarding this but it feels like I'm bothering them everytime I email them about anything.

Not a bother at all, just know that I am not the only one here that does any tuning. Sadly due to my other job titles, I do about 2% of anything to do with tuning these days.

BUT, when I am in the office and not dedicated to other projects. (like today)
I am all about helping out in the tunes area.

Just today I started looking into a customer's issue.
And turns out his specific ECU's stock file is missing some items that we modify. So I reached out to Diablo to get that added, and already have a file in his hands to test (same day)

I can't say its always that fast. But it gets solved.
Just takes time. Sometimes more time then people allow me to have. :(

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
since this thread has turned into "im erik from ProchargerTECH, Ask me anything"

is tuning for a centri car vs tuning for a PD car similar, with regards to the coyote motor specifically? or does the fact that they do boost different ways change things?

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
Just today I started looking into a customer's issue.
And turns out his specific ECU's stock file is missing some items that we modify. So I reached out to Diablo to get that added, and already have a file in his hands to test (same day)
If this is referring to me, I didn't get a tune back today, but yesterday the turnaround was that fast. That said, keep in mind that the tune file I emailed in yesterday was a copy of the last tune file you guys sent me in August of last year. I don't know if that has any bearing on the "stock file is missing some items" or not. Either way, I'm just happy for the help.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Hmmmmmmmm no. I got the tune from Procharger and the first tune gave me a idling rpm check engine code, second one didn't really do much except loose all power.

I am currently on number 3 and while it doesn't have the check engine light on anymore, the car randomly shut off at warm engine start up. While their tune is safe and probably won't blow up the motor, it's not great. I'm glad Erik contacted me regarding this but it feels like I'm bothering them everytime I email them about anything.

I installed my Procharger kit earlier this year. Very pleased with the hardware aspect of the kit (all fitted nicely as I'd hoped), but was not pleased with the canned tune either.

The car ran fine for the first couple of days after install, then also threw CEL and had issues with hot start idles and the engine cutting out due to low RPM.

Went through 6 revisions from Procharger to try and iron out the bugs, but still didn't get my car running right.

I spent a little extra $$$ that I hadn't planned on spending, and got a custom tune done about 3 weeks into having the PC kit installed. Rob Shoemaker came highly recommended to me, so I hit him up on Instagram and we got the tuning process started.

His base tune fixed all of my idling issues, no CEL, and the car now runs like it should. If you get to the point of ditching the Procharger tune, definitely consider reaching out to Rob (PM me if you need his contact info), because he is very good at what he does.

The Procharger tune may work for some, but I gave up after 6 revisions with no fix.

Just keeping it real here, no BS. Love the Procharger kit, but the tune didn't cut it.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Its probably a no but have you ever done a similar test at the track? Wondering if fuse pulled is any different than "disabled".
I have ... First off let me say this , when mine was dyno tuned Sai Li turned off all the T/C and other nannies by using the SCT program .. He also locks the Convertor at the same time .. So no need for a tuner to unplug the fuse because he can do it with the SCT program ..

Second I have tested it with the fuse in place and with the fused removed , the car run the same numbers either way ... I always pull the fuse at the track because it's easier than pushing the buttons to turn it all off .. And like has happened to me is getting in a hurry and forgetting to turn it off ..lol Damn hard to do a burn out with it on ...lol

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I installed my Procharger kit earlier this year. Very pleased with the hardware aspect of the kit (all fitted nicely as I'd hoped), but was not pleased with the canned tune either.

The car ran fine for the first couple of days after install, then also threw CEL and had issues with hot start idles and the engine cutting out due to low RPM.

Went through 6 revisions from Procharger to try and iron out the bugs, but still didn't get my car running right.

I spent a little extra $$$ that I hadn't planned on spending, and got a custom tune done about 3 weeks into having the PC kit installed. Rob Shoemaker came highly recommended to me, so I hit him up on Instagram and we got the tuning process started.

His base tune fixed all of my idling issues, no CEL, and the car now runs like it should. If you get to the point of ditching the Procharger tune, definitely consider reaching out to Rob (PM me if you need his contact info), because he is very good at what he does.

The Procharger tune may work for some, but I gave up after 6 revisions with no fix.

Just keeping it real here, no BS. Love the Procharger kit, but the tune didn't cut it.
Rob is da man! He tuned my '15 GTPP. I'm now working with him on my 2014 GT500. Just got my first version yesterday. His customer service is unmatched. Results speak for themselves.

I've recommended him to a few other SC owners on the S550 platform. One is already working with him and this guy has been Lund tuned on his setup.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
OMG. How are you waiting days to test the car after fixing the MAF? Jeez. Come on man.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
When are the Procharger mini impeller wheel fidget spinners due on the market?

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When are the Procharger mini impeller wheel fidget spinners due on the market?
Why didn't I think of the fidget… Kids and adults are buying these things like it's the next big thing.. I do not see the point. Maybe I could make a ring bearing for people's middle fingers and call it a SIT ON IT AND SPIN! LOL

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
OMG. How are you waiting days to test the car after fixing the MAF? Jeez. Come on man.

Have you actually read all of his posts or are you just skimming?
He clearly stated his car was torn apart at the moment and his hands are tied.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2

I had the same issues and went with another tuner since PC pretty much gave up and refunded me the cost of the tune.

I will say PC did get me revisions pretty fast but none seemed to fix all of my issues.

I'm sure every tuner has problems that they cant get figured out.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Those of you that had issues with the PC tune did you have other performance mods besides the PC kit? Seems like from what I've read the PC tune works for people that are stock except the kit. Even PCTech said he could return OP's car to stock minus the blower kit and make great, smooth power.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
since this thread has turned into "im erik from ProchargerTECH, Ask me anything"

is tuning for a centri car vs tuning for a PD car similar, with regards to the coyote motor specifically? or does the fact that they do boost different ways change things?
Yes, I have done all three power adders.... (Centri,Roots/Screw/Turbo)
They are all very different.

Maybe the only info you can bring over to the next is injector data.
If they are running the same injector.
Other than that, nothing stays the same.

If this is referring to me, I didn't get a tune back today, but yesterday the turnaround was that fast. That said, keep in mind that the tune file I emailed in yesterday was a copy of the last tune file you guys sent me in August of last year. I don't know if that has any bearing on the "stock file is missing some items" or not. Either way, I'm just happy for the help.
I am still waiting on yours,
I was referring to a GT350

Those of you that had issues with the PC tune did you have other performance mods besides the PC kit? Seems like from what I've read the PC tune works for people that are stock except the kit. Even PCTech said he could return OP's car to stock minus the blower kit and make great, smooth power.
I would say 1 out of 50 "tunes" has a bug that causes either an idle hang, or odd startup issue. It's been hard to track down, since the file on our end hasn't changed.

I can say there are MANY people that would like to know what causes it.
And I am not just talking in this building, since tuners have had the same issue with cars all over the US. (literally I know places in east coast, fl, cali, etc..... though its not talked about much) But its easier to get them resolved in person.

Whatever this bug is, trust me... my hair will stop falling out when its found. LOL.
Sponsored