Sponsored

Anyone regret going forced induction?

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
im about to take the plunge into boost. my 16 gt currently tuned.pmas.headers.full exhaust. i drive the car on the street,nice days. Not a daily driver. Has anyone regretted boosting their newer cars?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
im about to take the plunge into boost. my 16 gt currently tuned.pmas.headers.full exhaust. i drive the car on the street,nice days. Not a daily driver. Has anyone regretted boosting their newer cars?
You bought a Mustang because you wanted a car that was fun to drive, right?
Boost makes it MORE fun :D

The only thing you might regret is voiding the warranty, but that is the risk you take.
Your wallet may regret the cost, but you gotta pay to play. And if you are still on stock tires & wheels, then you will probably be replacing those too.

If you have any doubt about whether boost is right for you, then you REALLY should spend time in a boosted vehicle before making the investment. Blowers are not cheap, and you are also committing to high octane fuel.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
I regret........that I didn't do it sooner!!!
Honestly, at the end of the day, it is a car. Do whatever makes you happy and here at Lethal, we have the key to that happiness. Let us know.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Why would anyone regret having more horsepower? Well unless the rest of the car is lacking and you are breaking stuff all the time.

Sponsored

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
well my wareanty is prob gone already because of the tune and long tube headers. and i already have 305s out back:)

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I have a procharger and have been supercharged since 6000 miles wish I would of done it sooner lol I'm at 8k miles in my 15 gt

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
My last 5 cars were FI. I am keeping this one NA. But, for what I use it for, it really doesn't need a blower. It would just cause issues during long sessions. Now, I have been eyeballing Long Tubes for a long time. I just worry about clearance since my engine is lowered 1/2 inch. Ethanol and my current mods have me very happy right now.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I love more power but for me, since it's a street/road track car (way more street) I find I can rarely even use what I have. I think I'm getting old.

Sponsored
OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i can see your point. same situation i am in. cars sees track twice a year usually. mostly fun spirited driving. trips.cars shows. i just want my car to sound like a fighter jet on a runway

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Go with a Magnuson. It will save you a little money, and it's been a trouble free system for me for the last 6k miles. I modded my sound tube a bit and you get a nice "whine" similar to the twin screw systems.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i love the sound of a procharger with the big red race valve. would be bliss matches with my corsa

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I honestly can't imagine going back to NA. FI is just incredible fun. It is a pay-to-play kind of deal though. Can get pricey quick.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If I did it again I'd probably go whipple..or invest more in real estate. Real estate isn't as fun though
Sponsored