Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
27392218452_2f44c879e0_k_d.jpg

had my first track day today in the GT350 today at Buttonwillow Raceway in California. This is personally my favorite track in California.

As some of you may know I had a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost with all the suspension you could think of, weight reduction, brakes, tires, big turbo kit and more. It made about 440hp at the crank with meth injection so it was no slouch.

While it was reliable the sound of it was just not what I wanted, it just didn't feel right.

On my GT350 I have installed GLOC brake pads, brake fluid, Amsoil air filter, Ford Performance Catch Cans, Schroth Harness, BMR lockout, vertical links, toe rods and camber plates.

With very little done on the street tires I was able to run 1 second faster today in 100+ degree weather than my fully done up ecoboost on a cool day.

The power band is great, less shifting and the power is on tap. Cooling was excellent, oil, coolant, trans and diff fluid all did very well.

The handling was great as well, I'm sold on the magneride. This was the first time running super sports at the track and I was impressed, they did very well for a street tire.

This is the "right" car for me, I just wish I did it sooner. Towards the end of the day I couldn't leave as I had 4 people come up to me asking how I liked it, I had no one take a second look at my ecoboost for the most part.

26881774374_edfb43fb9b_z_d.jpg

27214278690_c23a225e7d_z_d.jpg

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Sounds like a great day. Glad to hear the car impressed you and others.

When I did the Track Tour at Buttonwillow I really liked the track. I will have to get with you one of these days when you go back

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Sounds like a great day. Glad to hear the car impressed you and others.

When I did the Track Tour at Buttonwillow I really liked the track. I will have to get with you one of these days when you go back
Let me know, so far I've been the only s550 out there.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
T, we should schedule a time we can cruise down with your brother a few other guys up here

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Nice! I've always wanted to drive at Buttonwillow. I missed out on the Track Tour this year but hopefully I'll be able to make it out there sometime soon.

Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
That's awesome! Its ALWAYS so great to see people using the car for what it was meant for :thumbsup:.

Kenny Miller would be proud! :D

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
It is unbelievable what these cars will really do around Buttonwillow in capable hands. The instructor took me around at the Track Tour in a R Model and what he did I didn't think was possible. Sure puts me to shame.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Has that track been resurfaced recently? I always heard complaints about the patches everywhere and the general bumpiness of Buttonwillow.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
T, we should schedule a time we can cruise down with your brother a few other guys up here
Let's do it bro. I want to run the full track since we didn't get to last time. I'm ordering the cooling setup once it's released and want to go try her out.

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Has that track been resurfaced recently? I always heard complaints about the patches everywhere and the general bumpiness of Buttonwillow.
It has, it is extremely smooth!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
It is unbelievable what these cars will really do around Buttonwillow in capable hands. The instructor took me around at the Track Tour in a R Model and what he did I didn't think was possible. Sure puts me to shame.
I agree, the car is so fluid. Everything feels right. The amount of mechanical grip over the standard s550 still amazes me.

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
That's awesome! Its ALWAYS so great to see people using the car for what it was meant for :thumbsup:.

Kenny Miller would be proud! :D
I just sent him over the video and some pictures! I can't thank you enough for helping me get this car.

Btw Kenny also sent me about 20 photos of when the car was delivered by ford, when I checked it out and when it was loaded on the transport to me. Just above and behind service!

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Nice shady area, they give you that area for cool down? Man, I usually try to hide in someone's trailer!

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I just sent him over the video and some pictures! I can't thank you enough for helping me get this car.

Btw Kenny also sent me about 20 photos of when the car was delivered by ford, when I checked it out and when it was loaded on the transport to me. Just above and behind service!
That's awesome - Kenny will LOVE every second of those videos. :ford:

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Nice shady area, they give you that area for cool down? Man, I usually try to hide in someone's trailer!
They actually have these garages for rent, for 100 bucks so we all split it
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.