Sponsored

Back in the Ford Family!!

syzygy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hey guys,

I am finally back in the Ford family after being away for about 5 years now. My last couple Fords were an 03 Escape I had and before that a really souped up 05 Ford Focus I had for about 7 years that I worked on as a project. Well, now I picked up a triple yellow 2018 GT350 at my local dealership just a couple weeks ago.

It turns out that prior to purchasing this car, I wasn't really looking for a GT350, I mean, I knew about them and had seen one on the road prior and thought to myself that it was one badass looking Mustang, but no serious thoughts about purchasing a GT350. Now my brother (we'll call him Master Instigator), has a favorite pastime of kicking tires at car dealerships. So after helping him around his house with some home improvement stuff a couple weekends ago, he asked if I wanted to go check out cool cars at the dealerships.. primarily he wanted to go to the local Dodge dealer and see a Demon on their showroom. So I agreed. Turns out, after we went to the Dodge dealer (no Demon in sight btw), we ended up stopping in at the Ford dealership next door and there the Triple Yellow GT350 sat in the showroom, just looking badass. Now I will admit that I had been wanting another yellow car after regrettably selling my project Focus some years ago, so this car definitely pushed the right button there.

So Master Instigator tells me that if I buy this car, he'll get another GT Mustang so we can go terrorize the streets together (he recently purchased an '18 Performance Pack GT which he lemon law'd. I was pretty bummed when he did this, because I was hoping to hit up some track days with him). Well, I did some negotiations with the dealership and took it for a test drive (totally sold me). Afterward, I decided to figure my budget and sleep on it.. I would need to bring in my trade anyway, which was a '16 VW GTI. That night, I didn't sleep much, because I had already told myself, "fuck it, just do it", so I was excited for the following day to go pick it up. Well, I did just that.
I've had her for a couple weeks now and only a little over 100 miles really, but have done the resonator delete and Ford Performance oil separators (driver and passenger) thanks to the opinions on this forum. I have gotten a chance to put her though a pretty technical local road at a very quick pace and I have to say, what a hoot this car is. It could use some stickier tires, but wow, so much fun. Total hooligan status. Although I may have purchased this car somewhat unexpectedly, I do plan to keep her for many years, possibly life like my other car. This car is something special for sure, especially in this day and age with everything going turbo this and that.

Attached are a few pics of my story- I hope to have some more fun with this car this holiday weekend where I plan to take it out into the local AZ mountains. I do plan to take her to the race track btw- her garage mate is my track toy that she'll be "competing" with. It's always nice to have choices.. :) She's not a daily, so she'll get some needed rest in-between the wild rides.
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Your triple yellow looks awesome! Congrats and enjoy! :cheers:

That's a great pair you have in the garage. Yellow and Red are my two favorite colors for sports cars. :thumbsup:

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Well done! You won't regret your decision. I can't stop smiling or laughing with joy everytime I glance at mine in the garage or drive it. GT350s are uniquely awesome rides.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats, she looks great. I think Shelby's stable mate may find herself being left behind on track days more than expected. The howl of the flat six is great but perform a resonator delete on the Shelby and your grin will get ever wider.

Sponsored

uabeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150; 2017 GT350
Already doing the resonator delete, I see? Mine was a yolo purchase too. I had been wanting a mustang, but the boss(wife) told me I was to get a "high end mustang" this time. I didn't disappoint, lol.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Great color choice and smart move following your instinct. Many more smiles per miles on tap for you! :cheers:

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Nice car. You bought it the right way and got to do so with your brother. Very cool.

Why is it called "triple" yellow? Usually, that means the exterior, interior and the rag top are that color (same color in 3 places).

What does it mean in this case? Sorry for my ignorance. :cheers:

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
What a gorgeous car! Welcome to the land of "GT350 on one side of the garage, Porsche on the other side!" (There are quite a few of us here... We'll have to teach you the secret handshake! :cheers: )

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Great choice in cars. Please post your impressions comparing the two on the track when you get a chance.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Nice car. You bought it the right way and got to do so with your brother. Very cool.

Why is it called "triple" yellow? Usually, that means the exterior, interior and the rag top are that color (same color in 3 places).

What does it mean in this case? Sorry for my ignorance. :cheers:
It's a tri-coat I believe

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the purchase. Where did you get the resonators cut off at? I’m thinking about doing this.