Sponsored

PLEASE HELP!!! Could this throw a P2237 Code??

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP 10SPD GT (Osiris)
Gentlemen I installed headers on my 2018 and the wiring harness fell onto the header due to relocation to make the O2s hook up. Anyways it BARELY melted through the harness and I see a little Itty bitty baby opening in ONE wire.. It's the pure white wire and the copper is showing through which you can't really see in the pic but if I fold it it opens.. Also those intertwined wires show signs of being burned a little but they are 100% not showing copper so I don't think it's an issue but maybe someone knows?

Could this cause me to throw a P2237 code? The code suggests there's:

Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1

Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted

Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection

I had another area up the harness a bit that did burn through the insulation to the copper and I fixed that with butt connectors (this was closer to the ECU) so when I stick the voltmeter into that damaged area seen above, it's reading that I am getting some voltage (by the way I am TERRIBLE with the electrical side so I'm not exactly sure what I need the settings on the voltmeter and what voltage I need) so that tells me the butt connector job I did is working.

ALSO, my A/F ratio is stuck on 9.8 (E85) so to test to see if it was that one wire, before I made any changes, I snipped it in half and fired up the car and NOTHING CHANGED, still same code thrown and so that told me it is indeed that wire that's damaged, or at the very least has something to do with that area. Please help! Thank you in advance!!!
20180523_171237.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Osiris

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
When I stab the voltmeter probe into that open spot, when looking for continuity set on "20m" it's reading .04 consistently. Idk what it's supposed to read though.

OP
OP
Osiris

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
Ok I spliced that spot with new wire and butt connectors and STILL have the same issue. Looks to me like there's another issue between that spot and the O2 which is like 2 ft of wiring,yet there is literally no visible damage. WHAT THE FUCK. Its a brand new O2 btw so I know that's not the issue. I don't get it. I reeeeally wish a wiring guy would see this post and help a brotha out

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Your not going to have any luck repairing that wire like that. Those are very sensitive low voltage signals. splice in butt connectors and now you've added resistance that isn't accounted for. It's a 5v signal wire, and the voltage is constantly oscillating.

OP
OP
Osiris

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
Your not going to have any luck repairing that wire like that. Those are very sensitive low voltage signals. splice in butt connectors and now you've added resistance that isn't accounted for. It's a 5v signal wire, and the voltage is constantly oscillating.
Thanks for the input bro. Yea I just went ahead and ordered the blue wiring harness in the pic. I'm just going to do it right. It was only $129 after tax so not nearly as expensive as I thought it would be!
Screenshot_20180523-204311_Samsung_Internet_1527127361504.jpg

OP
OP
Osiris

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
Update!!!

Bought that blue harness and it fixed everything as you'd imagine. If you saw my other thread, you'd know I was dealing with burnt up wiring and also a supposedly broken prong which yes turned out to be broken somehow. It works! Now time to install lowering springs!
Sponsored