Sponsored

Is this really the injectors, 2018 GT

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Cell phone video doesn't pick up all the sounds but that single click/tap doesn't seem right to me. Healthy injectors are more of a successive clicking and happening more rapidly.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Being direct injection, the HPFP can be noisy. Does it get worse/louder with rpm? Any Knock counts?

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cell phone video doesn't pick up all the sounds but that single click/tap doesn't seem right to me. Healthy injectors are more of a successive clicking and happening more rapidly.
I agree

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Being direct injection, the HPFP can be noisy. Does it get worse/louder with rpm? Any Knock counts?
Not been able yet to film and give it some revs will ask for some assistance tomorrow.

I would need to have some logger for the knock counts?

Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
No it's not the injectors. Your noise is a single count every rev or other rev. Injectors would have been multiple count ! I can clearly hear my injectors multiples tic.

I have the exact same tic. The engine does it mostly at idle once at normal operating temps. It's following the rev but get mostly lost in other engines noise at 1200-1500rpm +

What is your engine build date and Km? Engine build date is on the driver side valve cover!

Mine is 03 January

1 dealer say it's normal lol. The Ford hotline also said that the piston rattle(yes I have both noise) is a normal caracterstique of the engine!

I get people asking what's wrong with my 1k miles engine!

The other dealer told me to get a bit more mileage and a oil change and they will check it after. I must say that despite the noises the engine is pulling like a crazy !!

The way I am driving this thing I will know soon enough what is going on or if it's really normal noises lol.

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Doesn't sound like injector. Too slow.
It almost sound like a noisy lifter or some kind.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I went by the shop today!

Eventhough the guy was not the guy with the best knowledge on Mustangs, he did state quite quickly that it does not sound correct. We started up another 18 that was in for some work that had a warm engine, that one did not sound the same .....

So I got a time for 3rd of July to have it in for more deep analysis

//M

No it's not the injectors. Your noise is a single count every rev or other rev. Injectors would have been multiple count ! I can clearly hear my injectors multiples tic.

I have the exact same tic. The engine does it mostly at idle once at normal operating temps. It's following the rev but get mostly lost in other engines noise at 1200-1500rpm +

What is your engine build date and Km? Engine build date is on the driver side valve cover!

Mine is 03 January

1 dealer say it's normal lol. The Ford hotline also said that the piston rattle(yes I have both noise) is a normal caracterstique of the engine!

I get people asking what's wrong with my 1k miles engine!

The other dealer told me to get a bit more mileage and a oil change and they will check it after. I must say that despite the noises the engine is pulling like a crazy !!

The way I am driving this thing I will know soon enough what is going on or if it's really normal noises lol.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I drove to another shop yesterday, they did do a much more thorough initial analysis. With the stethoscope they could not hear anything from the block.

So I did book a time with them for 4th June, the other shop did not have a slot until 3rd of July. Let's see what the outcome is

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
That lower pitch knock seems odd to me. How is it when driving under light load? Mine was embarrassing to drive.

Also what is your build date? I see you ordered in November.

Get repair orders for all your visits.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
My Engine is build on the 3th of January 2018. I have the same Sound after the cold start. The Noise goes away after some time. strange because it is not with the rythm of the revs. it is just tiking in ist own rythm. It was there since i took the car home with 19kilometers on the clock. now i have 2300km and the first oil Change ( 5w20 castrol magnatec) it is still there in the morning . the engine runs fine so far and it takes no oil while running. cheers from Berlin.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That lower pitch knock seems odd to me. How is it when driving under light load? Mine was embarrassing to drive.

Also what is your build date? I see you ordered in November.

Get repair orders for all your visits.

I am not sure if it goes up with the revs. To much other noises going on by then. Then engine is build early/mid jan can remember the exact date.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Engine is build on the 3th of January 2018. I have the same Sound after the cold start. The Noise goes away after some time. strange because it is not with the rythm of the revs. it is just tiking in ist own rythm. It was there since i took the car home with 19kilometers on the clock. now i have 2300km and the first oil Change ( 5w20 castrol magnatec) it is still there in the morning . the engine runs fine so far and it takes no oil while running. cheers from Berlin.
Mine ticks even after I have been driving it for 2h, in the meantime I driving as usual.

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine ticks even after I have been driving it for 2h, in the meantime I driving as usual.
it is strange, that we all complain about the noise while the engines are doing what they should. mine is running quite good and strong . the noise is there since the first day and i really hope that it is normal and belongs to the new Coyote engine. even if it is not quite nice to hear. cheers

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
it is strange, that we all complain about the noise while the engines are doing what they should. mine is running quite good and strong . the noise is there since the first day and i really hope that it is normal and belongs to the new Coyote engine. even if it is not quite nice to hear. cheers

I have had two different shops looking into it and both have said it should not sound as it does.
Sponsored