Sponsored

Rattling noise and misalignment interior on 18 GTPP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Hey guys, I just got 2018 GTPP couple days ago and I am having some issues, and would be great if I can get some help. First, my car's making some rattling noise from the passenger side, and it sounds like plastic hitting. It happens so random, duration time and loudness is always different. Also, when I have the passenger, the noise goes away. I spoke with service manager, and he told me to drive 1000 miles until the interior components to settle, which I think its bullshit.

Second thing is interior trim misalignment. I am not sure if this is causing the rattle but doesn't seem right. Can this be covered under the warranty? Photo in below
1234.jpg
12345.jpg
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I think service departments hate the rattle issues as it often takes a few visits for them to get it right.

A clue about having a passenger may be that it is the seat belt. Mine came with felt on the latches but I'm not sure if that was factory or dealer.

What is the part you have photographed?

The trim around my collision avoidance HUD is misaligned. I brought it in but they had to order the part. For a $49K car I'm not going to put up with little nagging things like this.

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I think service departments hate the rattle issues as it often takes a few visits for them to get it right.

A clue about having a passenger may be that it is the seat belt. Mine came with felt on the latches but I'm not sure if that was factory or dealer.

What is the part you have photographed?

The trim around my collision avoidance HUD is misaligned. I brought it in but they had to order the part. For a $49K car I'm not going to put up with little nagging things like this.
I will have to look in to it but they are telling me to drive 1000 miles and comeback.
The first picture is the left side of the passenger side right under neath the sync screen. Second picture is the passenger side door. right next to the door sill lights.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Even though you have described the pics... man are those REALLY CLOSE UP :) and it would be better if the pics were just a little bit backed off so we could help out better with those areas.

If the rattle you hear goes away when you have a passenge - then my first suspect area would be there is something loose under the passenger seat OR if you have heated/cooled seats, it’s possible a component under the upholstery has not been secured properly and is loose when there is no weighted pressure on the seat.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Your fist thought is correct. That is BS they are telling you about 1000 miles. Rattles only get worse!

I've come from owning a few European cars and I'm finding for QC and service so far to be majorly pitiful in comparison. Although I do like the Ford engineering but The people putting these cars together need to seriously look at what the Europeans and Koreans are doing or they are going to get destroyed on the international market.

A modern car shouldn't be rattling and buzzing, especially under 1K. Kia wouldn't be able to get away with that these days.

Sorry for the rant but we pay quite a bit of money for these cars.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
they should fixed the panel misalignment. I had a misaligned passenger fender which they fixed.
Sponsored