Sponsored

2018 mustang gt Driveline noise?

Lost240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just picked up my brand new 2018 6spd GT the other day. On the ride home today I noticed a sqeaky/rattly noise coming from the rear of the car when it was under load going up hills. Could it be transmission/driveline? This also occurs when accelerating from 1st to second on occasion. Is this normal? What could it be?
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
How about you drive your car for a little while and let things settle and break in before you start complaining about it.

OP
OP

Lost240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How about you drive your car for a little while and let things settle and break in before you start complaining about it.
Really? You are incredibly helpful.
I just want to know if this is normal. I had a 2015 GT and never heard these noises. I just want to know if anyone has had similar issues so I don't damage anything.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I have the 10 speed and live in a flat area but I've never heard a single squeak in a 1000 miles of driving so far.

From reading other things on here I don't have great faith in Ford's manufacturing/quality control. Being so new I'd definitely have it checked out by the dealer.

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
Don't mind VinnAY, apparently there is a stick in his backside.

In my opinion I would most definitely take it in because nothing should be rattling back there.

Sponsored

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
Really? You are incredibly helpful.
I just want to know if this is normal. I had a 2015 GT and never heard these noises. I just want to know if anyone has had similar issues so I don't damage anything.
Okay go to dealer have them start touching up your new car then? This is sound advice wait for your car to break in couple thousand miles and see if its still happening..

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Make a video of the noise so the dealer can hear it. It's your car so do what you think is best. I had a rattle which led to new short block (still not finished after 35 straight days) which Ford will be buying back. So if it doesn't sound normal to you, get it checked out.

What is your build date? November and December 2017 are problematic months.

OP
OP

Lost240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Make a video of the noise so the dealer can hear it. It's your car so do what you think is best. I had a rattle which led to new short block (still not finished after 35 straight days) which Ford will be buying back. So if it doesn't sound normal to you, get it checked out.

What is your build date? November and December 2017 are problematic months.
How do I find the build date?

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
How do I find the build date?
On the label on the driver side door jamb. It has month and year. You can also input your vin at etis.ford.com and get the exact date.
Sponsored