Sponsored

**DELETE THREAD** Forced Induction - 3.7L V6

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Hey guys let's start a thread for all the boosted members. V8 guys have one let's make this a sticky thread. There seems to be quite a few of us moving in this direction and quite a few who has this done. If we can get our current members to post there pics and move some old thread content we will have a larger to start. Anyone down?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I like this idea
You should kick it off then...especially since you go the only custom twin in the group. Post some old thread or start a new one. Once that's on there and we get one more I'll ask for it to be stickied

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
[MENTION=21090]BE6Pony[/MENTION] you want merge your thread or retitle your Boost thread to "Forced Induction - 3.7L V6" and get it stickied so we can start a good ole community thread for all the boosted folks.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
You should kick it off then...especially since you go the only custom twin in the group. Post some old thread or start a new one. Once that's on there and we get one more I'll ask for it to be stickied
I'm not sure of the proper format to do that. Do I just create a new post detailing the purpose of the post with some more information about my build as well?

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I'm not sure of the proper format to do that. Do I just create a new post detailing the purpose of the post with some more information about my build as well?
Nothing crazy. Post some pics of your build, link some of your YouTube videos, detail your system specs and maybe your HP. You can add or edit your thread as you go. Just trying to consolidate the BOOSTED discussions. As our cars age and 3.7L is defunct as an engine option the way the aftermarket will move for us is in custom boosted builds. Good to start something that shows the community effort to keep our platform accessible and viable. I am going to post my build thread on this as well as I begin my efforts towards BOOST.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Okay, so this is the first draft on the build sheet. This doesn’t include cosmetics that I will be throwing on, or have already completed. Some of the items I already installed may change since I changed my build goals to boost, but for the most part this is what I am moving for over the next 15 months. Hope I can start this in earnest within the next four months and start collecting my parts, if not its cause the military has me more than busy and gainfully employed. I plan on working on the car whenever I come back to the States during leave breaks. So it will be a slow build out over time. I did a similar plan with my first Mustang back in 2009 when I was overseas and I went from a stock 4.0L V6 to a beautiful supercharged Stang. That build took place over nine months though…going to be in Germany a whole heck of lot longer this time around. Well, any input and suggestions are welcome. I will move this to a build thread in my profile once it all starts. Just wanted to share and hopefully it helps those thinking of taking the plunge to see all that has to go into boosting your car. Suspension is huge IMO before you move to just power adding. Cheers!

COMPLETED BUILD STEPS
-Lockout Kit (BMR)
-Shocks and Struts (Steeda)
-Performance lowering springs (Vogtland)
-Toe links (PP ford)
-Billet Aluminium Performance Vertical links
-Full strut brace package (Ford cowl brace, strut tower, etc)
-Sway Bars (PP ford)
-Swaybar Endlinks F/R (Steeda)
-Front Brakes (Ford GT base set)
-Brake Pads (Hawk)
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors F/R (Stoptech)
-GT throttle body upgrade (Ford)
-JLT CAI
-Custom 3 inch cat back exhaust w/Solo performance muffler delete system
-Short Throw Shifter (Steeda)
-Transmount and shifter bushing (Energy Suspension)
-High Temperature TStat (Misho)
-Shorty Headers (BBK)
-3.73 Loaded Gear Housing (Ford)

FUTURE BUILD STEPS
-Aftermarket Clutch and Flywheel (still researching the brand I want) est. cost $800-1200
-One Piece Drive Shaft (Shaftmasters) est. cost $700
-Front Control Arms (Ford PP) est. cost $150
- Knuckle To Toe Link Bearing Assembly (Ford Racing) est. cost $55
-Mustang Rear Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearings (Steeda) est. cost $160
-Motor Mounts (BMR) est. cost $140
-Differential Inserts (Steeda) est. cost $100
-Mustang Alignment Kit for Rear Subframe (Steeda) est. cost $40
- Sway Bar Bushing Kit Front w/drill mod (Energy Suspension) est. cost $25
-Adjustable Rear Sway Bar (BMR) est. cost $180
- Ultralight 2-Point G-Trac Brace (Steeda) est. cost $80
OR
- Mustang Extreme G-Trac Brace (Steeda) est. cost $164
-19x10 Wheels w/275 40 19 square (still looking, FC20 Roto-Forged if I go 20s) est. cost $1000-1500
MAYBE I’LL UPGRADE
-Mustang Front Control Arm Bearing Kit (Steeda) est. cost $180

AND THE BOOST KIT TO TOP IT ALL OFF…
2015-2017 Mustang 3.7 V6 Twin Turbo Kit (JM Performance)
- Private Label Twin Journal-Bearing Billet 54rmm Turbos
- Dual 38mm Wastegates
- Turn-Downs for turbo mounting (bolt to stock or shorty headers)
- 50mm Blow Off Valve
- Ecoboost MAP Sensor
- 2.5” Downpipes
- Open Dump Tubes
- Front Mount Intercooler
- Custom Intercooler Piping
- All Oil Lines and Misc. Fittings
**$3,700 Base Price**
ADD ONS
-Upgraded Fuel Injectors est. cost $700
-3inch downpipe est. cost $300
**$4,700 Total Turbo Kit**

Last edited:

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
@BE6Pony you want merge your thread or retitle your Boost thread to "Forced Induction - 3.7L V6" and get it stickied so we can start a good ole community thread for all the boosted folks.
I can do that, I am putting mine together in 3 weeks so I can post pics and numbers and so on.
Sponsored