Sponsored

Broke 2018 PP GT with 1700 miles.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Time to call ford customer service and get a case opened and get a customer service rep involved. My car is officially being replaced by ford because they couldnt get the parts in a timely manner, and it has been longer than 30 days at the dealer.
Just curious, but how does that work exactly? Do they pay off your old car and you have to go through all the loan bs again or what?
Sponsored

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Just curious, but how does that work exactly? Do they pay off your old car and you have to go through all the loan bs again or what?

Honestly I don’t know 100%. I just got the notification tonight to go to the dealer to select the replacement vehicle. From my understanding, they do a straight msrp for msrp swap. No discounts apply to the replacement. If the car you pick has a higher msrp, I believe they tack it onto the loan, or, start the loan over again as a new loan. I’ll find out more as I go through the process. Should be a fairly quick(hopefully) ordeal for me now.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Honestly I don’t know 100%. I just got the notification tonight to go to the dealer to select the replacement vehicle. From my understanding, they do a straight msrp for msrp swap. No discounts apply to the replacement. If the car you pick has a higher msrp, I believe they tack it onto the loan, or, start the loan over again as a new loan. I’ll find out more as I go through the process. Should be a fairly quick(hopefully) ordeal for me now.
Interesting. Kind of like a collateral swap, and you pay the MSRP difference? Seems fair if that's how it works. Sorry you had to go through it.

Check whatever you are driving for that rattle we are chasing below, and make sure that stupid plastic pan isn't leaking. The 3.5 F150 guys have been complaining about it for a while, and I just saw today my 18GT is leaking at the pan also. 1050 miles.

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang 2018 PP Mustang GT
Time to call ford customer service and get a case opened and get a customer service rep involved. My car is officially being replaced by ford because they couldnt get the parts in a timely manner, and it has been longer than 30 days at the dealer.
Already have the wheels in motion. The service rep asked what exactly I wanted to do when she said possibly june. I said if the dealer has it more then 30 days keep it. I'll buy a new one. She's calling back next werk. Dropped it off on 3-24-18 . I'd be ok with that scenario, I'll pay the difference on a 10r80 auto car. Honestly I'm hoping it gets replaced as the techs have been pushing the car around the parking lot.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Interesting. Kind of like a collateral swap, and you pay the MSRP difference? Seems fair if that's how it works. Sorry you had to go through it.
Yes, that is how the Ford Buy Back basically works if requesting a replacement vehicle from Ford. There’s stipulations and possible fees/taxes/penalties DEPENDING on your actual State Lemon Laws, so each and every case posted here will vary based on those very State laws.

I posted a lot of detailed info about the Buy Back process in this other thread - which applies to anyone seeking a Buy Back where you are requesting a replacement vehicle.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99680

IF you don’t want another Ford, the Buy Back Refund process is totally different and I don’t know the details for that process, because in that process you’re giving the problematic vehicle back and Ford is refunding the purchase. Even with this process, I do know that again, State Lemon laws apply as well as any possible useage penalties (again determined by your State Lemon Law, NOT Ford).

Sponsored

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
more and more horror stories. I am starting to think that I made a mistake with mt82

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update

Ford approved my buy back.

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
He’ll yesss !!! What’s the plan now ?? I think I’m finally getting somewhere with my original dealer I’m hoping cause if they do a tear down I know there Gona find something and I’m Gona lemon it out or have them buy it back and give me a new one this time auto Hopefully man I’m praying I’m tierd of driving this car that ticks/rattles/knocks like no other :(!!!

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Ford approved my buy back.
I hope you have a TON of patience.

Im still waiting on paperwork for my buyback. The buyback was approved on april 9th, and they told me then that the paperwork would only take 5-7 business days. Went and picked out the replacement vehicle on the 12th, and I have yet to hear anything. I keep having to call the RAV department for updates too.

The last I heard(on tuesday) is that the financial department JUST started working on cases submitted on april 1st. Mine was officially submitted on the 16th, and they told me it could take up to a month before I see paperwork.

Be as patient as you can, but still be firm about it. Let them know that you want your replacement as quickly as you can.

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They told me 4-5 days but my sales guy just did one last month. Said it took two weeks. The plan is a 401a premium 10r80 PP.

Sponsored

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
They told me 4-5 days but my sales guy just did one last month. Said it took two weeks. The plan is a 401a premium 10r80 PP.

Yea, thats what I was told as well, but its been wayyyy longer than that.

If its like anything I am going through right now, its going to be a long road.

I debated on the auto, but I just like rowing gears too damn much haha. I don't go to the 1/4 a ton either, went once last year. If I was going to the track every weekend, I'd have probably went with the auto.

I did pick out a performance pack though, so that will be a nice upgrade over my base 17, whenever I actually get the car...

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Also, my lender is ford credit, and they told me they will NOT under any circumstances just tack on any additional owed to the existing loan. For me, since the new vehicle is a higher MSRP, I am going to have to start a new loan all over again. I could also pay the difference, but between the cost difference (6k) and any fees that they are going to charge me (unsure of amount as I am still waiting for the paperwork) I wont have the cash in hand.

If you haven't been contacted by the ford RAV department yet, they SHOULD be making an introductory phone call. (I never got an introductory phone call because my caseworker sucks.)

Once they call you, they should also email you with the information you will need to log into the myfordhelp.com account. (My caseworker told me flat out she doesn't use this account to communicate with her customers, so I have no way to track the staus of anything, again, caseworker sucks.) At this point, they will most likely direct you to go to the dealer to select the new vehicle. The RAV department at this point will have contacted the dealership informing them of the situation. Once you pick a new vehicle, they will send the invoice of that vehicle to the RAV department.

They will be sending you a fedex envelope with the terms of the buyback. You HAVE to sign and that either upload all three pages to the myfordhelp.com account, or, fedex them back. I uploaded them to the online account, and was told by my caseworkers supervisor that that is perfectly fine, and there was no need to fedex it back.

You are also going to have to upload your bill of sale, finance contracts, gap insurance(if you had gap insurance), to the myfordhelp.com account. They need all of that paperwork to be able to send to the financial department so that they can create your worksheet, along with the invoice of the new vehicle you select. They will also need your lender information as well, so that they can get the payoff amount and send that to the financial department as well.

Once they have all of that paperwork, they will send it all to the financial department, who will generate the worksheet. They told me that this typically takes 7-10 business days, however, they are down people and have a large volume of cases processing at the moment.

Once your paperwork is submitted to financial, plan on 2-4 weeks at minimum before they have a worksheet for you.

Once you get the worksheet, you will either approve it(if all of the figures look good to you), and the worksheet will outline any fees, difference in pricing, etc. You can deny it also if you do not agree with the figures, but Im sure this will add more time as it would have to get sent back into the financial department.

This is where I am at with them. Waiting on the worksheet.

I have been told, once they send the worksheet to you to approve, it goes fairly quickly after that, depending on what you do with financing etc. RAV sends the worksheet to the dealer, and at that point, you go in, get the financial side of it taken care of, and arrange for the swap of vehicles.

I have also been told that when you go to pick up the new vehicle, they will inspect the old car, make sure there is no abnormal wear, damage, etc.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Is it bad I want something catastrophic to happen to my mustang so I can get a buyback too?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Is it bad I want something catastrophic to happen to my mustang so I can get a buyback too?
lol, I kinda want the same :cheers: but if that happens I will buy another 18GT and be anxious about same stuff again... so pointless :headbonk:
I don't want any other car.
and I think ford knows this that's why they don't give a shit about things going on with the 18s...

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Over 30 days in shop with 30-40 more days waiting for parts expected.
Sponsored