Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
That may actually sounds pretty good with the ProCharger
We will see, I know I get a ton of people telling me it sound amazing now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity - what clutch are you planning on going with?

Apparently you can use a .75" space on the T/O bearing and run the GT flywheel which is a good bit lighter. At that point any aftermarket GT clutch would bolt right in. In fact, SPEC offers a steel and an alum flywheel for the 3.7 - and it has the bolt pattern for both 3.7 pressure plate and 5.0 pressure plate / clutch. But either one if @ $500.

Ram makes a complete setup for the 3.7 that eliminates the Dual Mass flywheel. The flywheel to work with their kit is actually the same flywheel they sell for the GT. Their kit requires their throwout bearing - which has the previously mentioned spacer built in.

The OEM GT flywheel is reportedly a tick under 22lbs and the OEM 3.7 DM flywheel is 32lbs.

https://ramclutches.com/mustang-clutches

Looks like the sensible way to go is use the GT flywheel $125 shipped, $15 for FPP 5.0 flywheel bolts and the SPEC Stage 1 clutch /PP (rated 550 ft/lbs) for @ $300. The .75" spacer is available through RAM PT#78513 for @ $90.

Probably one of these looking for something that feels ok not to heavy though.

https://lmr.com/item/EXD-07807CB/2015-mustang-v6-exedy-stage-2-clutch-kit

https://lmr.com/item/SPC-SF5032B/2015-mustang-v6-spec-stage-3-clutch-kit

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Decided to get all my Pro-charger pipes powdered the same as my wheels yesterday.

Procharger Pipes.jpg

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Heck yeah man!

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great. When I go procharger, I was thinking about base coat / clear coating the piping magnetic gray but would likely go with ceramic coating.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know what the dowel pin is for that you drill the crank and insert before installing the new pulley for the procharger? I feel like that may be the biggest issue I will have when I go to install this thing. Also the bit it has says the tape off the amount needed on the bit I assume it is the size of the pin that you will be installing needs to be drilled.

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Is it optional on the 3.7 kit? I remember helping install a Procharger on a LSx car and if I remember correctly that procedure was to pin the harmonic balancer to the crank (not just bolted - basically safety) and it was optional below certain HP / boost levels.

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it optional on the 3.7 kit? I remember helping install a Procharger on a LSx car and if I remember correctly that procedure was to pin the harmonic balancer to the crank (not just bolted - basically safety) and it was optional below certain HP / boost levels.
I don't know, I believe you have to but I wasn't sure why since the pulley bolts right on.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
This is so badass but the price of all this is seriously eye-watering lol. More power to you brother, I admire you for stepping out and making the FI leap.

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
This is so badass but the price of all this is seriously eye-watering lol. More power to you brother, I admire you for stepping out and making the FI leap.
Thanks dude I will continue to update this thread from this name, since a Moderator had a power complex on me when I asked a simple question and banned my other account I was forced to make a new name to continue my build for everyone.

Sponsored

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Will be doing the install this Thursday, Anyone have a picture on where the tensioner pulley needs to sit. They sent it to me in the wrong spot and the pictures aren't doing any justice in the instructions.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Any updates on the build? And van someone get this stickied for our group?

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Any updates on the build? And van someone get this stickied for our group?
I have been extremely busy going out of town competing so there will be some lapse.

30710870_2007712292591634_1298708100680777728_n.jpg

[/ATTACH]
thumbnail_0413180031a.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
GT throttle body is up for sale with all adapter and screws in the fs section for v6.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
For those wondering about clutch/flywheel when upgrading to FI.... When I had the procharger installed I went with the McLeod RST and their lightened steel flywheel after RAMs setup did not work out. Both Mcleod options work for the v6 with little R&D. I believe I may be the first to do this. No issues so far and I love em. Definitely recommended Shaftmasters aluminum DS, G-force half shafts, and upgrading your gears/diff. Completely different animal now.
Sponsored