Sponsored

Broke 2018 PP GT with 1700 miles.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Over 30 days in shop with 30-40 more days waiting for parts expected.
Why wait? Have you talked to a Ford CSR to try to expedite the repair claim?

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang 2018 PP Mustang GT
Like lightning said, I was told 30-45 days from the start. I've had a car picked out for 3 weeks but finding a dealer to trade with those options has been a issue. Pretty sure I have one coming from Michigan but it doesn't have active exhaust which I'm bummed about. I was told I'll have to get a new loan regardless if it cost more or is the same.

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Like lightning said, I was told 30-45 days from the start. I've had a car picked out for 3 weeks but finding a dealer to trade with those options has been a issue. Pretty sure I have one coming from Michigan but it doesn't have active exhaust which I'm bummed about. I was told I'll have to get a new loan regardless if it cost more or is the same.

Ill tell you right now, prepare yourself for a storm. This process has been the WORST experience I have had with any major auto manufacturer.

I had a 45 minute conference call last night with Ford credit, Ford Re-acquired vehicles, Ford Dealer, and myself. Since no one can communicate with one another, a 4 way conference call between all involved parties was the only way to make sure everyone knew what they were doing. Even after that, I am still doubtful everything is going to get taken care of correctly.

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ill tell you right now, prepare yourself for a storm. This process has been the WORST experience I have had with any major auto manufacturer.

I had a 45 minute conference call last night with Ford credit, Ford Re-acquired vehicles, Ford Dealer, and myself. Since no one can communicate with one another, a 4 way conference call between all involved parties was the only way to make sure everyone knew what they were doing. Even after that, I am still doubtful everything is going to get taken care of correctly.

I've been calling 3 times a day, all parties involved. So far it sounds the same. Those were my exact words, you people need to communicate!

Sponsored

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I've been calling 3 times a day, all parties involved. So far it sounds the same. Those were my exact words, you people need to communicate!

Lol three times a day. There have been days where I have called over 50 times a day, and only gotten through once or twice. I keep hammering the direct line of the supervisor and manager until they answer my calls. If you call the main line, and ask to be transferred to whoever you're looking for, they will normally "take down your name, number, and last 8 of vin and have them call you back" and normally, they NEVER call you back.

I refuse to leave a message, because they never return phone calls, I just call, and if they don't answer, immediately call back again.

When I first started my whole ordeal at the dealership level, I stayed quiet. Id call the dealer at the end of the week, right up until I got close to the 30 day mark. From there, once a ford CSR and the RAV department was involved, I called every day, and annoyed the crap out of them every day. It STILL has taken well over a month with no results as of yet.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

I can relate to the concerns above as well when I went through the RAV process from my prior 2016 into my 2018...

Poor lack of communication between Ford RAV and Ford Dealership. I also went above my assigned Ford RAV CSR to her Supervisor due to similar complaints found on this site where the RAV CSR was not proficient at all with giving me any updates or even following up with questions/concerns.

Hell, the Ford RAV CSR I had didn't even know the 2018 was shipped to the Ford Dealership!

I also can’t place any blame on my Dealership, as they have to rely on Ford RAV’s direction and also can’t proceed with the process until they receive all necessary paperwork that has to come from Ford RAV.

It’s a hellacious, tedious and frustrating process - but just be patient it will soon be over... my Buy Back process was started in Sept 2017 and we didn’t get the car until middle of Feb 2018 (partly due to the fact that my 2018 had to be built, because they were new production and there were none to be found anywhere with options I wanted).

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

After your paperwork made it to audit how long was your wait? Finance sent the paperwork to audit, thinking they send it right back to finance when they're done right ?
Sponsored