Sponsored

2018 GT failure, engine getting opened up..

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Starting to experience the same issue. Have not yet received the official offer letter. Called CSR manager, no response.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Entaiiie do you know which car your gonna get?

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Yeah - I have a BMW M2 now.

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
looks like this was finally taken care of .. what a nightmare of a process.. :|

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Insane that this happened... sorry to hear it. but I'm on board with most here when I say that color is unmatched. Glad that it's all over and you got out unscathed!

Sponsored

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Ok. So maybe "a lot" was just a gross exaggeration? lol. What, I think Ford has sold probably close to 40k 2018 Mustangs by now. Assume 60% of the sales are GT , thats what around 24k GT's driving around with the new gen3 and we have one hands worth of fingers with issues and buy backs... come on yall... lol.
the s550 facebook group is full of 2018 issues, especially with the motor

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
the s550 facebook group is full of 2018 issues, especially with the motor
The 1st run of any revision is a risk, the people that buy them are the real world beta testers. That's why i waited after the 15 came out and bought a 16, no issues with mine and now its boosted... i can tell you this. the s-550 platform is leaps and bounds better then the s-197 platform in the respect of chassis refinement and mod ability...i had a 12 car that was boosted and the difference is almost night and day...if your interested in the 18 you should wait until late 19 to get one, by then they will have fixed most of the issues...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
:lol::headbonk:

I just got the initial letter that they were supposed to send me a couple of months ago, just an initial bit of paperwork saying I am agreeing to a refund. This was supposed to preface a lot of the other things we've done, but for whatever reason, they couldn't figure out how to send it to me in the mail.

the offer is dated for the 2nd, but just showed up today (21st..). the offer also states I have 14 days from the letter's date to accept it or they will assume I rejected it .. well gee that's going to be a little challenging.

I've also been calling and emailing my case rep for the past two weeks with no response. this is probably the 3rd or 4th time my case manager has randomly gone rogue on me.

I feel like they are intentionally trying to screw up every step of the process.

they already gave me a partial refund check (the amount owed to me after paying off my loan), which wasn't supposed to happen until after I signed the car back over to them..

nothing is happening in the right sequence or in any sort of timely manner. it's a total shit show of a process, and one I hope none of you have to go through :|
Starting to experience the same issue. Have not yet received the official offer letter. Called CSR manager, no response.
If you guys are having issues with your Ford CSR, call that #800 back either press the correct key to get an Operator or hold until it auto defaults to an Operator. When you get that Operator, tell him/her you want to speak to a Supervisor because you are not getting any returned calls from your assigned CSR.

Sometimes you have to go above your assigned CSR.

I agree, the process sucks big time (been there done it) and they lack communication or follow up status. I went above my RAV CSR and got her Supervisor and ripped up the CSR to that Supervisor. I also threatened to get an Attorney involved due to all the BS lag time. I then told the Supervisor I would plaster every Ford Social media site and Ford enthusiast forum with how a Ford Customer not only had to deal with a new 2016 that was a POS, but the horrible customer service trying to resolve the process via the Buy Back.

Miraculously THAT solved all communication issues.

Ford knew they didn’t have any chance of winning if I did get an Attorney and it went to Court, as I had EXTENSIVE documentation, emails, service visits, call logs, 30 consecutive days where the car was inop, 2 Ford FSE’s field visits to the Service Center, extensive correspondence between Dealer & Ford’s crack pot Detroit Engineering Team who couldn’t figure out how to fix the car, etc etc....

I’m happy with my 2018 - but DAMN was it FRUSTATING getting through the RAV process... and I know exactly what you all are going through. Just keep pushing and be firm, take no BS from them - call them every day if you have to...

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Finally got my refund worksheet today. Luckily there were no errors otherwise it add another week or two lol. My 2018 GT has been out of service for almost two months now with all of this BS.
Sponsored