Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
When I installed my new horn i found that when they relocated my old horns for my procharger install they installed them right side up. When i removed them one of them was filled with water thus explaning the weak sound..naturally i put the new pointed downward so no water could get in..all good now.
Sponsored

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Just happened to me on the way to work. We've been getting a crazy amount of rain down here so i'm assuming that's the culprit.

After having my car at the dealer three days to fix the reverse lockout, i think I may handle this myself and fix it the right way.

abhispritzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhinav
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 Ecoboost Fastback
I have the same problem. The low pitch horn is working but not the high pitch, its so ducky for a muscle car.
Did anyone fix it or diagnose it home rather than going to a dealer. If yes, can you please provide pictures of where the horn is located and also the steps to repair.
Thanks,
Abhi

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I have the same problem. The low pitch horn is working but not the high pitch, its so ducky for a muscle car.
Did anyone fix it or diagnose it home rather than going to a dealer. If yes, can you please provide pictures of where the horn is located and also the steps to repair.
Thanks,
Abhi
Just let it dry out a bit, it will return to normal.

Sponsored

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Mine never went back to normal, I ordered a new horn online from a Ford dealer and replaced it myself. It is located on the driver side behind the bumper.
Screenshot_20180906-170259_Chrome.jpg

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
My low tone horn died after 20 months, replaced it with the OEM horn in the post above. Simple install thanks to some of the advice in this thread.

1. Remove air box (lots of YT on how to do this). You can now see the upper horn, the lower horn is tucked in below it.
2. Remove the 10 mm bolt holding the upper horn to the horn bracket and and move upper horn out of the way. This makes accessing the 8 mm bolt that holds the horn mounting bracket easy to get to.

Pic of the 10mm nuts holding the horns to the bracket. The hole in the center is for the mounting bracket bolt.

46341114031_33a8802256_k.jpg

3. Remove the 8mm bolt that holds the mounting bracket. It's a tight fit if you have big hands like me.
4. Detach the bracket and remove the wire clip on the lower horn.
5. Remove the horn assembly.
6. Reverse to install.

Took me an hour, no more squeaky horn.
Sponsored