Vibrating noise when turning and braking at slow speeds

MrVu1101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 401A
I'm getting an issue where I get this super loud vibrating noise (that's the best way I can describe it) when turning left and braking simultaneously, mostly in order to back in to a space on the right hand side. It's really hard for me to replicate every time as I'm not sure exactly what causes it, has anyone experienced the same and found a quick fix?

I'm really hesitant to bring it in to a dealership, last time they had my car for 15 days to fix a misaligned license plate. I can't imagine how long they'd hold the car to fix anything more complicated than that.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm getting an issue where I get this super loud vibrating noise (that's the best way I can describe it) when turning left and braking simultaneously, mostly in order to back in to a space on the right hand side. It's really hard for me to replicate every time as I'm not sure exactly what causes it, has anyone experienced the same and found a quick fix?

I'm really hesitant to bring it in to a dealership, last time they had my car for 15 days to fix a misaligned license plate. I can't imagine how long they'd hold the car to fix anything more complicated than that.
Hey MrVu1101,

Let me help you calm that vibration. I get your hesitation, but I recommend having it checked out. PM your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll connect you with a customer service manager. They can further advise. :)

Jeff

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Anybody else have this issue? My car is doing the exact same thing. I really have no clue what it could be.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have been getting a strange noise when turning the wheel to the right now its when I turn to the left also, a scratchy squeal coming from the right side.

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
Just throwing this out there; I once read an article where a similar noise and rubbing sound was caused by the rear wheels erroneously being rotated to the front during a tire rotation. The 19" PP wheels (Pirelli P zeros) can be rotated side to side, but not rear to front.

Sponsored

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Slow parking lot driving sharp left will sometimes produce this sound for me. Sounds like the right front on mine, like Antioch brake is kicking in...

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Only happens when turning the wheel and on drive and when brake pedal fully pressed?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Take front wheels of, make sure the lower rotor shield isn't too close to the rotor. Often won't hear this going straight but turning you will. Can't tell you how many times this has been an issue after someone took off their wheels or got tires or did springs, etc. Easy to hit that shield when pulling off the wheel or working in there. Just push it back a bit.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I have been getting a strange noise when turning the wheel to the right now its when I turn to the left also, a scratchy squeal coming from the right side.
This comes from my front right as well.

Just throwing this out there; I once read an article where a similar noise and rubbing sound was caused by the rear wheels erroneously being rotated to the front during a tire rotation. The 19" PP wheels (Pirelli P zeros) can be rotated side to side, but not rear to front.
I'll check but I only have 1k miles on mine so tires have never been rotated.

Slow parking lot driving sharp left will sometimes produce this sound for me. Sounds like the right front on mine, like Antioch brake is kicking in...
This has only happened in the parking structure at work when turning right to back into a parking space. There is a slight incline.

Only happens when turning the wheel and on drive and when brake pedal fully pressed?
I have a manual but it has only happened when brakes fully pressed and turning right.

Take front wheels of, make sure the lower rotor shield isn't too close to the rotor. Often won't hear this going straight but turning you will. Can't tell you how many times this has been an issue after someone took off their wheels or got tires or did springs, etc. Easy to hit that shield when pulling off the wheel or working in there. Just push it back a bit.
Thanks. I will remove the front right tire this weekend and take a look.

Last edited: