Sponsored

Interior Materials Question

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I think a lot of the confusion stems from the fact that the description on the configuration website is terribly vague (or at least is was the last time I checked). The "stitching" around the center stack (radio, HVAC, etc.) is always the fake molding, regardless of options. The 68B "eyebrows" will get contrasting stitching, which is in a slightly different location to the fake molded stitching on the non-68B cars. The handbrake and steering wheel are also always standard matching stitching (i.e., black stitching on a black leather car), regardless of whether it's a 68B car or not.
Yeah the configurator does a real piss poor job of explaining things. For me, it's all about the door panels. When cruising I rest my elbow on the door panel and the hard plastic cards are downright painful compared to the padded soft-touch ones on the 68B package. Given the low cost of the package it was a no brainer.
Sponsored

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I have redline recaros and have the same issues pretty much as everybody else. I know it's correct but disappointing they didn't red stitch the hand brake, shift boot, and do the console sides like the dash brows. I'll probably have those pieces redone by someone to match everything else. I love my car, the interior is so much better overall but so many places they really cheaped out.