Sponsored

Interior Materials Question

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's weird, your dash and seats are definitely premier because it is contrast stitched (the extra row on the seats), but around your radio is black stitching which is just like the normal trim.

I agree with the above too, the part labeled soft touch molded on the door should be leather (or whatever you want to call the stuff); mine is.

My doors match yours, with the hard plastic around the shifter, but I have regular trim. Maybe I got lucky with the soft touch doors but no other premier trim aspects? Like I said there is no rhyme or reason to how the factory assembled some of these interiors. It's like they ran out of a part in the bin (regular vs premier) and used the other.
Sponsored

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
On the door, where you have the lower part labeled "soft touch molded" next to the grab handle, that should be vinyl / imitation leather.
After inspecting closer I think your right. It is the same vinyl / imitation leather. I'll update the picture for future reference.

I also decided to do a smell test, putting my noise right onto the perforated part of the seats, it smells like leather. The bolster parts with white stitching don't have a noticeable smell.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I also decided to do a smell test, putting my noise right onto the perforated part of the seats, it smells like leather. The bolster parts with white stitching don't have a noticeable smell.
most cars are "Leather seating surfaces" and the extra bits end up being hyde of the Nauga.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Ford's "imitation leather" is most likely pleather and the seat inserts are real leather.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
So what's the determination on the color of the stitcbing on the center stack? Anyone have pics?

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
After inspecting closer I think your right. It is the same vinyl / imitation leather. I'll update the picture for future reference.

Greg15 from the pics i can definitely tell that you have the 68b premier trim. I have the same exact materials of what you show in the pics.

OP
OP
cush

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
My upper dash is a soft touch molded "plastic" for lack of a better word. I tried to show it deflecting in the picture to show it's soft and not hard plastic. It also has white stitching but it's definitely a molded piece and not something that was covered with an upholstery.

The center stack sides are the same soft touch molded material but they also have molded in fake stitching and not real white stitching.

The center console is the hated hard plastic. The shifter boot and ebrake boot are an imitation leather upholstery. The shifter boot has white stitching and the ebrake has black stitching.

I didn't take a picture of it but the center console arm rest / storage door is an upholstery with white stitching. It's clearly a higher quality material than the ebrake and shifter boot but I don't know if it's real cow hide leather or still an imitation leather.

The door card upper appears to be the same soft touch molded material as the upper dash and sides of the center stack. The middle part with white stitching is an imitation leather upholstery and so is the arm rest area.

Are my upper dash pieces supposed to be upholstered and not a molded texture piece?
Your dash brows seem to have real stitching which leads me to believe it's real "Leather", the center stack on the other hand is the leather look rubber I was talking about at the start of this thread... I have the rubber in both places. I thought the premium model was supposed to get leather on the brows and center stack, I didn't know, you had to order "Premier". Oh well, I guess I can live with it...:doh:

Last edited:

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
So what's the determination on the color of the stitcbing on the center stack? Anyone have pics?
I included a close up pic of the center stack "stitching". It's fake stitching that is part of the mold.

The odd thing is the ebrake has real black thread stitching instead of the color matching the premier trim stitching.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I included a close up pic of the center stack "stitching". It's fake stitching that is part of the mold.

The odd thing is the ebrake has real black thread stitching instead of the color matching the premier trim stitching.
Mine is the same way and I have the 50AP which includes 68B.

Not sure if it's supposed to be this way, or a mix up, but in any case it doesn't lend a happy thought about design/QA and possibly answers why Ford dropped the "Quality is Job 1" tagline back in 1998.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I'm usually not one to defend Ford. IMO they make a lot of really stupid decisions, but I'm guessing they used black stitching on the parking brake handle because it gets touched so much and eventually would always look dirty.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm usually not one to defend Ford. IMO they make a lot of really stupid decisions, but I'm guessing they used black stitching on the parking brake handle because it gets touched so much and eventually would always look dirty.
I have never used a parking brake in my life except to initiate bootlegger turns and J turns every now and then when I'm feeling snarky in an empty parking lot at night. When I want the car to stop, I use the footbrake and then the "Park" pawl.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Premier Leather

Greg15 from the pics i can definitely tell that you have the 68b premier trim. I have the same exact materials of what you show in the pics.
If this is the premier trim, I do have that on my doors with brown stitching, E-brake, white stitching and around the radio, black stitching in my EB but I didn't order it. On the dash is soft plastic black / fake stitching. :cheers:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Best way to tell if you have it is by the extra seam in the seat bolsters.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I think a lot of the confusion stems from the fact that the description on the configuration website is terribly vague (or at least is was the last time I checked). The "stitching" around the center stack (radio, HVAC, etc.) is always the fake molding, regardless of options. The 68B "eyebrows" will get contrasting stitching, which is in a slightly different location to the fake molded stitching on the non-68B cars. The handbrake and steering wheel are also always standard matching stitching (i.e., black stitching on a black leather car), regardless of whether it's a 68B car or not.
Sponsored