Sponsored

Brisk, NGK and ProCharger

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I went with Brisk plugs RR14YS (supposed to be one heat range colder than stock) for my 15 GT ProCharger install. Never used this brand of plugs before this build. Gapped them at 0.035.

I'm considering switching out to the NGK 6510's in the morning just to see if they help me hold any more timing than what I've got in it now. I'm chasing down the ghosts everywhere I can trying to find the lost power.

Are the NGK 6510's I see Barrel and some others listing sort of the end-all be-all reliable forced induction plug for our cars? I don't care if I have to replace them every 20k miles or whatever, I just want excellent clean power on 93 octane for street driving.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
either plug is fine, we like the brisk, typically if you lose a tip, it will burn up before killing a piston compared to the ngk

you may try tightening up the gap, we go .28 to .30

our 15 running 18psi we are running .25

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
either plug is fine, we like the brisk, typically if you lose a tip, it will burn up before killing a piston compared to the ngk

you may try tightening up the gap, we go .28 to .30

our 15 running 18psi we are running .25
Thanks man, I'm.gonna try dropping the gap some now. I can hold 18-20 degrees on pump gas until about 3800-4000 rpm and then I start losing it quickly. I've tried different top tier gas stations and similar results each time. All the fuel can't be bad. It's worth a shot!

Tapatalk spelling errors inside!
Sponsored