Sponsored

2019 GT350 Upgrades: Tech, Aerodynamics and Other GT500 Track Improvements

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The R wing is both beautiful and functional. Just how functional is a question I would like answered, though. It would be great if Ford would give out numbers on the down force generated by the various wings. Without that info it's a little tough to pick between the options.
If the the claims are true that the GT350R produces more downforce than a 991.2 911 GT3 than that's well over 300lbs at 120 MPH.
Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If the the claims are true that the GT350R produces more downforce than a 991.2 911 GT3 than that's well over 300lbs at 120 MPH.
Since the GT350R came out before the 911.2 GT3, I think that comparison was to the 911.1 GT3. :shrug:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Since the GT350R came out before the 911.2 GT3, I think that comparison was to the 911.1 GT3. :shrug:
Corrected and correct. 991.something or another this and that. Just a lot of nines and point somethings... :doh:

Sponsored

TVS16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang TVS Charged
I just got my 350 a week ago and was told by the Rep the 19 wouldn’t be released (March) Well then this just happened really disappointed in Fords process of not relaying messages to their dealers. I love the car don’t get me wrong but would of waited but I guess good luck getting a allocation depending on what part of the country your in. I live pretty close to Flat Rock. Any thoughts on their process?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
To all the people calling me an idiot for saying the PP2 would likely meet or exceed lap times of the base GT350... Here's your sign :headbonk:

Awesome that they ditched the drilled rotors. However, surprised they didn't add an option for the digital cluster and that they didn't add the 2018+ taillights.

Now, CAN WE PLEASE GET THE FORD PDR APP FOR THE MUSTANG????

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To all the people calling me an idiot for saying the PP2 would likely meet or exceed lap times of the base GT350... Here's your sign :headbonk:
It probably does mean they are close on a small track where sticky tires matter more than power.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT

Awesome that they ditched the drilled rotors. However, surprised they didn't add an option for the digital cluster and that they didn't add the 2018+ taillights.

Now, CAN WE PLEASE GET THE FORD PDR APP FOR THE MUSTANG????
I'm not sure I see any clear sign? A model update after 4 years seems completely normal and these are common sense upgrades.

Throw Cup2's on a GT350 (non-R, just to clarify what we're talking about here) and I don't believe the PP2 can hang. More HP for starters. And the new brakes are more for longevity than performance. There's nothing here that's groundbreaking.

On top of that, I think anyone who discounts the Flat Plane Crank and how special it is is short-sighted. This alone is worth owning the car over a PP2. The growl is worth ownership alone.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
I'm not sure I see any clear sign? A model update after 4 years seems completely normal and these are common sense upgrades.

Throw Cup2's on a GT350 (non-R, just to clarify what we're talking about here) and I don't believe the PP2 can hang. More HP for starters. And the new brakes are more for longevity than performance. There's nothing here that's groundbreaking.

On top of that, I think anyone who discounts the Flat Plane Crank and how special it is is short-sighted. This alone is worth owning the car over a PP2. The growl is worth ownership alone.
PP2 is still an awesome car for the money. I'm glad Ford made it an option.

But I agree if you throw a set of SC2's on the 350 it's back on top. I don't buy into the "well stock for stock PP2 is still quicker" argument, because we're talking about just tires. They are a consumable. They will expire and eventually need to be replaced with something else.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Depends on the track. Blackhawk Farms, it would easily be neck and neck especially with PP2 having SC2 tires. Road America or Road Atlanta? Bye bye, PP2. IT DEPENDS.

And then ALL Mustangs get their shit pushed in by a whale dong on autocross by NC Miatas. Take a guess as to why...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Comparing a car on 180 treadwear tires vs one on 300 and saying they're "equal" LOL
Well considering the GT350 horsepower advantage where it matters most...eh, there's a point to the PP2 being pretty close to equal. Then again this is what we call progress. It happens.

Aren't show room floor '15 GT PP cars faster than Boss 302 LS's around Grattan? :shrug:

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350

Couldn't agree with you more, especially your last statement.