Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Day Data Logging App with SYNC3!

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Hopefully this will be available with updated SYNC3 software for our cars in the future.

New Ford Performance smartphone app bringing track-based data-logging, advanced analysis, sharing capability and video capture to the most popular platforms

[ame]

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 1, 2016 – Ford Performance debuts an all-new data-logging app and a global turnkey Mustang GT4 race car today at the 2016 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show. Ford is also showcasing more than 50 builder concepts based on its vehicles and winning race cars, including the Le Mans-conquering Ford GT and a vast collection of Ford Performance Parts.

The all-new Ford Performance App® brings track-based data-logging, advanced analysis, sharing capability and video capture to a user’s smartphone. It leverages the latest capability of Ford SYNC® 3 and provides intuitive controls allowing users to record and share their track accomplishments. The app will be available for the most popular smartphone platforms in 2017.

“Ford Performance wants to provide our customers a simple, shareable way to capture their track exploits,” says Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “The ability to take their track sessions with them everywhere they go and easily share their footage and data with friends is a huge benefit of our new app.”

The Ford Performance App is based around the user’s smartphone, giving them easy access and portability to their data. Using a smartphone’s built-in camera offers mounting flexibility, letting users decide which perspective best captures the action.

The Ford Performance App features multiple recording modes and provides a host of vehicle performance data. The latest SYNC 3 technology communicates with the app – integrating performance data with course overlays, timing statistics, and on-screen virtual gauges to be shared via a user’s smartphone.

Data and video can be shared over social networks or exported easily for analysis on a personal computer. The new app launches in 2017 on the all-new Ford GT, and will migrate to other Ford products.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-app-and-global-mustang-gt4-race-car-deb.html

FP-App-3.jpg

Ford Performance to introduce data logging app for track day junkies in 2017

In addition to having roughly 50 cars on display at SEMA, Ford Performance is also unveiling a new data-logging app that will give users the ability to analyze and share their on-track performance with their smartphones.

The data-logging app uses Ford's latest version of Sync 3 to display important track information, like the car's RPM, speed, current gear, and g-forces, which is then sent to the user's phone. Users can also utilize their smartphones to record video of their track day. The phone, besides being used as a camera, is also in charge of recording the vehicle's location around the track, which is also displayed on the infotainment screen. Both the phone and the Sync 3 project the same bits of information and can be used interchangeably.

The app will come with multiple recording modes, including one that overlay another car's ghost onto the track to allow users to see how laps stack up against one another. With the saved data, users can share lap times, videos of the track day, and other goodies through their preferred social media outlets.

The app is similar to the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray's Performance Data Recorder, but instead of using a built-in high-definition camera and a GPS receiver Ford Performance's app utilizes the driver's smartphone for these functions. It also allows the data to be saved onto the phone so you can show your buddies your fastest lap. The app will be offered on the Ford GT next year and will be expanded to other vehicles in the automaker's lineup shortly after.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/01/ford-performance-data-logging-app-official-sema/
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Huh, interesting. I wonder if it's a Carplay app thing?

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
This probably just saved me from buying a Waylens.

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
This is awesome! I wish I had sync3 in my car. I wish there was a way to update the 2015 Mustangs with the old sync to sync3 and the newer interface.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
This is awesome! I wish I had sync3 in my car. I wish there was a way to update the 2015 Mustangs with the old sync to sync3 and the newer interface.
There is, it's just expensive. Upwards of $2k last I checked, but I could be wrong.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford insiders, any word on this expanding to other vehicle lines yet? It’s been well over a year, and the 2018 mustang is equipped with all the hardware to make it work. Is it in the works, or has it just been brushed to the side? I know the app is active for the Ford GT, but it doesn’t work on the 2018 mustangs

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
Still waiting for this... tired of dodges and chevys with their damn PDRs...

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of great aftermarket options available for well under $500.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also still waiting... I have the Ford GT app on my phone, but my Sync3 won't recognize it because it's not from a GT. Really wish Ford would stop playing around and just make this available on the mustang! It really can't be that hard
Sponsored