Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
21 weeks later, my car is finally in California! I might actually get this thing yet!
Sponsored

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
Thanks much to all that have replied - and thanks-in-advance to any others that are willing to weigh in. And thanks also for making me feel welcome. These aren't the posts I was expecting to be posting when I first joined all-enthusiastically a few days ago...

I plan to go to the dealership on the way home, get the highest-ranking guy on site that can help me, and get some answers. I understand from chatting with Ford that if I ordered an 18MY I should be getting an 18MY - but I have now way of knowing if HE even really knows.

I *do* know that there are some folks on this forum that ordered an 18 after I did that already got a VIN. So I want to know what happened in my case.

And I want to know if, by not canceling my order (and them keeping my deposit), if my order will be first/early on the build list for the 2019s or not. And when it's likely to be delivered (though I doubt now I can trust what they tell me).

Meanwhile, I'm doing a regional search. Unfortunately, the idea of ordering my dream car to spec (no jokes about an EB being a dream car - it's a *practical* dream car :^) has really taken a hit. Far too much hassle and stress. I'm trying to warm up to the possibility of buying something close from stock on the lot. But it'll just be "close" - it won't be exactly what I want.

A real PITA. Sorry for the bitchin' but thanks for listenin' :)

And if you have any suggestions on questions to ask/info to get from the dealer, please let me know.

Bpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Thanks much to all that have replied - and thanks-in-advance to any others that are willing to weigh in. And thanks also for making me feel welcome. These aren't the posts I was expecting to be posting when I first joined all-enthusiastically a few days ago...

I plan to go to the dealership on the way home, get the highest-ranking guy on site that can help me, and get some answers. I understand from chatting with Ford that if I ordered an 18MY I should be getting an 18MY - but I have now way of knowing if HE even really knows.

I *do* know that there are some folks on this forum that ordered an 18 after I did that already got a VIN. So I want to know what happened in my case.

And I want to know if, by not canceling my order (and them keeping my deposit), if my order will be first/early on the build list for the 2019s or not. And when it's likely to be delivered (though I doubt now I can trust what they tell me).

Meanwhile, I'm doing a regional search. Unfortunately, the idea of ordering my dream car to spec (no jokes about an EB being a dream car - it's a *practical* dream car :^) has really taken a hit. Far too much hassle and stress. I'm trying to warm up to the possibility of buying something close from stock on the lot. But it'll just be "close" - it won't be exactly what I want.

And if you have any suggestions on questions to ask/info to get from the dealer, please let me know.
Sorry to hear about the SNAFU...this is the kind of horror story I was afraid of when I first dropped my order. I'd present him with the timeframe I had, and see if they can't give you some explanation/sweetheart deal on something else since they failed to meet expectations and promises.

Ordered On: 03/28/2018
VIN: 03/30/2018
Estimated Delivery: 06/27/2018

I was in shock when I got a VIN 2 days after the order, I was expressing all kind of doubt to my sales guy but they actually came through.

Best of luck

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

No problem bud. Sometimes you just gotta let it out. :thumbsup:

Ask them if they actually have an allotment for the order. My sale guys showed me he had a allotment on his computer before we got down to business. No allotment, no car.

Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Took delivery this morning. Dealer had taken care of all the issues. Posted some pictures the PP2 real life pictures thread. Link to the pictures.
Very nice, Love the Wheels. Have fun with your new ride.
Lee

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Very nice, Love the Wheels. Have fun with your new ride.
Lee
Thanks!

What were your issues?
Ford shipped the GT350 splitter instead of the PP2 one. Rear deck lid was misaligned and the spokes on three of the wheels were scratched towards the center cap (presumably from the mounting/balancing process at the plant). The shop foreman at the dealer fixed the trunk and Ford sent out the correct splitter and four new wheels (one of the three replacements was also damaged).

MDR_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium
Woohoo, my car is at the dealer!

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!

Ford shipped the GT350 splitter instead of the PP2 one. Rear deck lid was misaligned and the spokes on three of the wheels were scratched towards the center cap (presumably from the mounting/balancing process at the plant). The shop foreman at the dealer fixed the trunk and Ford sent out the correct splitter and four new wheels (one of the three replacements was also damaged).
It's beginning to look like quality is job 2 at the Flat Rock plant. They need to tighten up, and get all of their chit in one sock. The Camaro is right on their tails.

I'm happy to hear your dealer stepped up, and took care of your problems. Congratulations on your new baby.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
My car is delivered! My dealership sent me pictures, but I don't really want to post any until I see it in person. The 23 day countdown begins!!!

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
My car is delivered! My dealership sent me pictures, but I don't really want to post any until I see it in person. The 23 day countdown begins!!!

Congratulations Jake, it won't be long now. :cheers: BTW, what's up with the 23 days?

Mine (actually the bride's) car arrived at the dealer today. Of course they don't do PDI's on Saturdays, but that's OK. The panels, doors, and bumpers are spot on, but the dang hood isn't centered worth a damn. My sales guy said they would take car of it during the PDI. He's been great during the entire process. It looks like it will be Tuesday before it's ready. And wouldn't you know it, it's suppose to rain all day Tuesday. The bride isn't happy about that at all. :)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations Jake, it won't be long now. :cheers: BTW, what's up with the 23 days?

Mine (actually the bride's) car arrived at the dealer today. Of course they don't do PDI's on Saturdays, but that's OK. The panels, doors, and bumpers are spot on, but the dang hood isn't centered worth a damn. My sales guy said they would take car of it during the PDI. He's been great during the entire process. It looks like it will be Tuesday before it's ready. And wouldn't you know it, it's suppose to rain all day Tuesday. The bride isn't happy about that at all. :)
Congrats man! Mine isn't going through PDI yet... they know I'm picky with the car, so they put it in storage and instructed their guys to not even touch it until they get my approval :thumbsup:

The 23 days is because I'm still in Germany. I leave for the states in about a week, then go see the family for about 2 weeks, then head to Texas and get my car!

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Congrats man! Mine isn't going through PDI yet... they know I'm picky with the car, so they put it in storage and instructed their guys to not even touch it until they get my approval :thumbsup:

The 23 days is because I'm still in Germany. I leave for the states in about a week, then go see the family for about 2 weeks, then head to Texas and get my car!
Good deal Jake. Have a safe trip home my friend.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Not as dirty as I expected!
IMG_20180421_194532 (2).jpg
Sponsored