Sponsored

E85 Flex fuel questions. (Economics, purchasing advice)

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
You like? ;)
Oh yeah timing comes in fast and hard. I noticed with the map though I don't have the alch percentage anymore as an option to monitor on the nguage. I get alch learn though. But the tune is spot on and pulls hard.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Oh yeah timing comes in fast and hard. I noticed with the map though I don't have the alch percentage anymore as an option to monitor on the nguage. I get alch learn though. But the tune is spot on and pulls hard.
Yeah buddy! Percentage is gone but it doesn’t matter. Just remember what tune you are running so as to not mistakingly run it with 93. My wife takes mine from time to time and has a full tank fetish...so i always have to be careful.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
The CAIs with the larger MAF diameter and large cone filters WILL flow better above 6500 rpm. That's where they'll beat a stock box with a filter
I feel it much sooner. Around 4500 rpm it takes a deep breath and says - WE GONE!

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, why must you make me spend another $50 on an E85 race tune. You guys suck.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yeah buddy! Percentage is gone but it doesn’t matter. Just remember what tune you are running so as to not mistakingly run it with 93. My wife takes mine from time to time and has a full tank fetish...so i always have to be careful.
The flex tune is 2 different tunes or it’s the same tune but adjust to the fuel in the tank?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I feel it much sooner. Around 4500 rpm it takes a deep breath and says - WE GONE!
Stock box with the Mishimoto tube will match that to ~6000-6500. After that the PMAS and JLT win (or anything else with a large cone filter and much larger MAF diameter).

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
The flex tune is 2 different tunes or it’s the same tune but adjust to the fuel in the tank?
The FF and Race tune are separate tunes. The Race tune is E85 only. I repeat, the Race tune is E85 only which is why you must be cognizant of what tune you are running when you hit the pump. With the Race tune alch learn and alch percent don't even come into play, and one or the other (can't remember which at the moment) disappears from the nGuage when you flash it.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
The FF and Race tune are separate tunes. The Race tune is E85 only. I repeat, the Race tune is E85 only which is why you must be cognizant of what tune you are running when you hit the pump. With the Race tune alch learn and alch percent don't even come into play, and one or the other (can't remember which at the moment) disappears from the nGuage when you flash it.
So are they similar but one learns and the other is hard set?

Would using flex and E85 fuel for a while result in similar results to an E85 tune?

Around here there are only a couple Sunoco stations that sell it and they are just about 30% less to 93. They know how to not give good deals around here.

Is E85 still Top Tier at Sunoco?

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Alch percentage disappears. When I responded to Lund about the 3 month window they said I was good to go and send the logs. So I didn't pay any extra. Mid rpm is very noticeable it was even more pronounced today then yesterday car must have still been adjusting:shrug:. I also added my velossa Big Mouths over the weekend so my IAT's are dropping fast even in this 102 temps we have been having. Another thing I will say is the car seems to be burning less fuel no definitive proof on that. Only thing I can think of is maybe with the Flexfuel the tune burn more to be more on the safe side because of the possibility of a wrong reading. Or I could just be :crazy:. All in all I am very happy with Dakota's tune.I gave him logs before the tune was written and I asked him if he needed logs after he said nah its ready to rip my E-85 was really good:ninja:

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are they similar but one learns and the other is hard set?

Would using flex and E85 fuel for a while result in similar results to an E85 tune?

Around here there are only a couple Sunoco stations that sell it and they are just about 30% less to 93. They know how to not give good deals around here.

Is E85 still Top Tier at Sunoco?
Lund response to me about it was it depends on your E85. If it is so so you may see little gains. If its good they can add timing quicker. The Flex tune is good and I liked it with E-85 but the E-85 race map I get a lot of timing right off the bat and it just keeps ramping up. So the guys here were not BSing when they said it is a totally different animal:D

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The Alch percentage disappears. When I responded to Lund about the 3 month window they said I was good to go and send the logs. So I didn't pay any extra. Mid rpm is very noticeable it was even more pronounced today then yesterday car must have still been adjusting:shrug:. I also added my velossa Big Mouths over the weekend so my IAT's are dropping fast even in this 102 temps we have been having. Another thing I will say is the car seems to be burning less fuel no definitive proof on that. Only thing I can think of is maybe with the Flexfuel the tune burn more to be more on the safe side because of the possibility of a wrong reading. Or I could just be :crazy:. All in all I am very happy with Dakota's tune.I gave him logs before the tune was written and I asked him if he needed logs after he said nah its ready to rip my E-85 was really good:ninja:
Who is Dakota?

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Lund response to me about it was it depends on your E85. If it is so so you may see little gains. If its good they can add timing quicker.
The place i get it must have some quality stuff because the tune absolutely rips. Glad to hear the Velossa is helping the PMAS breathe. Probably getting some gains just from that. I have been contemplating it myself.

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The place i get it must have some quality stuff because the tune absolutely rips. Glad to hear the Velossa is helping the PMAS breathe. Probably getting some gains just from that. I have been contemplating it myself.
Yeah got it off the forums for a good deal for Driver and Passenger. It was white like my car so I jumped on it. Install was not hard I just didn't have my Jack so I had to improvise. Temps def drop fast with it.
Sponsored