Sponsored

Pressure Washer Incident

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I was washing my Shelby today and the friggen pressure washer blasted a chunk on the stripes off. Now I’m in a dilemma. Do I remove the stripes or buy a replacement set? I don’t suppose anyone knows if I can buy just one piece? It’s on the mud section of the front bumper, drivers side.
Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
I was washing my Shelby today and the friggen pressure washer blasted a chunk on the stripes off. Now I’m in a dilemma. Do I remove the stripes or buy a replacement set? I don’t suppose anyone knows if I can buy just one piece? It’s on the mud section of the front bumper, drivers side.
They do sell them in separate sections. Just be prepared they are still expensive.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've heard of it happening before. It's best to pressure wash directly above it and not from the side. Last I saw, dealer/Ford replaced his stripes. Check with them first, the stripes cost an arm and a leg.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The quality of the stripes are garbage. I have had a hood section replaced twice under warranty for bubbling. Stay away from them with a pressure washer. I will just spray from a distance and above the stripe like Shift suggested. They also do cost a fortune to replace and can be bought from Auto Nation.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I basically can’t stand anything that sticks to a car. But that’s just me...

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
Consider it a blessing. Take the stripes off and your car will immediately look better.
Never a fan of stripes .. especially stick on ones with a damn outline.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I like stripes, it defines the Shelby, any other cars besides a Ford GT it is kinda poser like. I think a Shelby without the looks unfinished. That's me tho to each their own

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Personally I like stripes, it defines the Shelby, any other cars besides a Ford GT it is kinda poser like. I think a Shelby without the looks unfinished. That's me tho to each their own
Same here.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I prefer the stripes, but also am annoyed that they're vinyl. More than once I've washed and polished the car, and someone will see it and go "oh man! look at the paint on this thing, and those stripes {walks up to car}...hmm...they're stickers?" But yeah, if anything damaged the stock vinyl stripes I'd likely go with the Big Worm ones.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
It really is personal preference, and I will not hate on anyone for having the stripes on their car. I refuse to have them because of this and other problems that can arise with Having stick on stripes on the car. My GT500 had them. After that I swore to never have stick on stripes.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
I bought my first GT350 sight-unseen and was extremely disappointed that the OTTs were stickers...I paid $60K for a car with sticker stripes?!?!?!

A roof "decal" had damage. Ford provided a replacement for just that section, but wanted the original returned. Really, it's a sticker?

I personally think the stripes make it look better. Has a narrowing effect on a super-huge hood. Only wish they were paint and under the clearcoat.

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try the Ford dealer and see if maybe I can get a warranty replacement. If not, it's still up in the air on whether or not to remove them.
Sponsored