Sponsored

Mustang placement of hazard light switch

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Lol, seriously?
Nobody uses that switch anyway. Not frequently at least.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I use mine daily at my job site. I don't have a problem with the placement. Probably would have preferred a different location for it, but it's solid enough that it doesn't get turned in by accident.

I guess in a car they got 99.8% right someone has to complain about something.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
The hazard button should be easy to reach. Especially now that it's a global car. In some parts of the world(Germany, on the autobahn) people use their hazards to indicate heavier than normal braking. Really useful for letting those behind you know that there's a stop/emergency up ahead. I still use it in that fashion here in the states, and I've seen others do it as well.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I guess it is hard to find, it is next to the start button with a big triangle on the button. The start button, the most used switch on the car. It is used every time you drive it.

My bet you can find it becasue you don't use the start button. What a moron this guy is.

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
It's a better spot than my pickup that has it on the top of the steering column.

In the truck when I'm towing and want to hazard flash to thank someone for letting me in it's very awkward to activate the switch in any manner other than reaching through the steering wheel. It makes me uncomfortable since if I needed to steer even though my other hand is on the wheel my arm is in the way.

The Mustang is easy to turn on and off. Maybe if it's your first time driving the car and you didn't familiarize yourself before you started driving you'd have issues finding it. That's more a failure of the driver than design.

Any time I get in a new car to drive it I look for the headlights, wiper controls, and hazards before I start rolling, most people just change the radio station.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I've used the hazard switch on a few occasions due to heavy rain downpour and another because a guy was swerving all over the road. It's the first switch to the right of the ignition that you reach for regularly. I don't find the hazard switch to be a difficult reach or challenging.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It is not in a good location. I was fumbling about looking for it myself when I first got the car. Most every car I have had has the button clearly marked where the Mustang it is hard to see against the "chrome" and usually in a center area on the console and not so low in the console.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I dont think there is anything wrong with the placement, smh as said, these assholes just want something to complain about! I will however admit, last week I had a brain fart and forgot where the hazard was when I needed it LOL

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
In my area we use it as a "thank you" when a slower car uses a turnout allowing the faster car to pass. At first it was a bit difficult to find, but now I'm used to the location and it is no big deal. Most cars have the button in a somewhat awkward location IMO.

-T

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I dont think there is anything wrong with the placement............I will however admit, last week I had a brain fart and forgot where the hazard was when I needed it
:frusty:

It's not about having something to complain about, it's just sharing observations and experiences. They're all different. Those of us who tend to use them more often, prefer them in an easier to find location, and believe you shouldn't have to look away from the road to find it.

Last edited:

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Wow. I can't believe that many paragraphs could have been written about something so stupid. Seriously? How is that a problem?

As for those who had trouble finding it the first time...well, yeah. That's typically what happens when you get into a NEW car! The good news is that now you know.

Personally, I always thought old cars having it on the steering column was stupid since in some cases, you basically had to reach through the steering wheel to get to it, but that's just me.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
The writer "kind of" has a valid point. The hazard switch is in a non-standard location compared to other vehicles, so it could be hard to find the first time you need it. Even noticing it's placement when I first got the car, I struggled to recall where it was the first time I needed it quickly. Just years of programming from driving cars that have it either on the column or at top of the center stack.

But that said, once you use it just one time, it's never an issue again. It may actually be quicker to access where it is compared to on the top of the steering column, which requires an awkward reach through, or around the wheel.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Even if it was in front of the face, people would still have to look for it the very first time! Otherwise, you never knew exactly where it is and simply assuming its placement. You would think such an important feature people would take a minute to familiarize themselves before driving the car for the first time. Most are more concerned about how to activate line lock or configure their entertainment console - radio station presets and so forth.
Sponsored