Sponsored

A new Dash Rattle (not the light switch area)

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just noticed a new rattle this week. It sounds like it is coming from behind the instrument panel at low rpm/high gear cruising and on bad surfaces. I have pressed on just about every panel and can't isolate it. I can't tell if it is inside a switch or behind the dash altogether. It kind of reminds me of the Subaru WRX cruise control switch rattle.

Has anyone noticed this before and ameliorated it?
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I have the EB, with PP - and yes I have that too. If I push slightly on the PP gauges I can make the noise lessen considerably. And, as you mentioned, it's not all of the time. It seems to be on rough roads and at "moderate" temperatures (some 60 or below) for me.

OP
OP

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am not sure if this one is age or temp dependent. We have mostly been in the 40-50's lately. However, my light switch rattle is more obvious when it is hot.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I am not sure if this one is age or temp dependent. We have mostly been in the 40-50's lately. However, my light switch rattle is more obvious when it is hot.
My light switch rattle is ALL OF THE TIME. It drives me crazy. I am taking it in for warranty work next week, and I will have them fix both. I just hope the rattle/squeak around the PP gauges is acting up then.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I found the stupid source the other day....it was the garage door opener. I have never had one sound so jankity before and it sure didn't sound like it was coming from the visor.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I found the stupid source the other day....it was the garage door opener. I have never had one sound so jankity before and it sure didn't sound like it was coming from the visor.
Right... I had my door opener in the tray in front of the shifter and I thought the rattle was from the passenger side dash! Rule of thumb is to remove all stuff from the tray, door bins, console, glove box, etc and drive the car like that to see if the rattles are still there. I do have a rattle in the dash on certain rough roads at colder temps. Like finding a needle in a haystack.
Sponsored