Sponsored

Replacing hideous dome light?

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
So we all know this is pretty much the only thing that carried over from the S197 model interior. I have no idea why, but its an abomination and just throws off the up-market interior move transition they went for. So i'm hoping some companies will offer after market solutions to replace it. Not sure what it takes to remove it, or if its an easy task or not, but I sure hope someone makes something.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
To remove it, just grab it and pull down. It snaps into place. I'd be surprised if anyone makes a replacement. You can replace the bulbs.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
easy to remove but don't forget that it's more than lights. the Bluetooth mic is in there and another sensor (don't remember which one).

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
easy to remove but don't forget that it's more than lights. the Bluetooth mic is in there and another sensor (don't remember which one).

Interior sensors for the alarm.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I would pay for a nicer looking replacement housing as well. It is very backwards looking considering the rest of the interior.

Sponsored

OP
OP

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
I was really surprised this carried over from the 2005+ Mustangs, but I guess they had to cut costs somewhere. They did make tremendous improvements on literally everything else, even in the base models

Nick C.

Exactly, all that work only to leave that horrendous plastic pos dome light. I really hope someone designs an aftermarket replacement.

Wizzard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT Premium 401A 50th ann package
It the same in most Fords

You'll see that same exact overhead console in most Fords. Seems Ford thinks it's too expensive to tool a new one.
Sponsored