OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
update: dealer called this afternoon, said ford tech guy gave the go ahead for a shortblock and they will order the parts. Couldnt give me an eta on repair yet but will keep posted. Will try to get the ssb from the tech at some point.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
update: motor is out of my car, just waiting on the shortblock to arrive

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Did you try pushing for a longblock?
couldnt find anyone to ask at ford besides their abysmal customer service line where i dont think they even understood what i was getting at. I was told by the dealer a longblock isnt happening because the heads are not compromised in any way from my specific issue. I just want my car fixed and back with me at this point:shrug:, Im seeing it in my dreams :)

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Called today to get an update. New engine went in but after 5 mins there was a different ticking noise present. Dealer is trying to figure it out now. I fall under lemon law this monday so it looks like I may be doing that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I'm happy for you. Buyback or vehicle replacement?
lol im not, was hoping to avoid the painstaking process of getting the car lemoned. I also have some exterior parts plus wheels and tires I wont be getting back. I dont really have another car I want so ill probably get a replacement.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
lol im not, was hoping to avoid the painstaking process of getting the car lemoned. I also have some exterior parts plus wheels and tires I wont be getting back. I dont really have another car I want so ill probably get a replacement.

How does it work for the wheels? Do they want you to buy stock wheels and return it stock or do they accept as is?
I both have the rattle and ticking. If I have to lemon it, I just wanna know if I should be looking for used stock wheels to buy since I sold mines.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
How does it work for the wheels? Do they want you to buy stock wheels and return it stock or do they accept as is?
I both have the rattle and ticking. If I have to lemon it, I just wanna know if I should be looking for used stock wheels to buy since I sold mines.
from what ive read you dont get compensation for anything aftermarket.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
from what ive read you dont get compensation for anything aftermarket.
You're 100% right on that. You need to stock it out. Maybe find a cheap oem set on craigslist and ask if you can put those on and get your wheels back.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
the service dept at this dealer is totally incompetent. First after they replaced the shortblock they had a ticking noise and found a rolled up metal shaving under the valve cover causing it. Next after that was fixed, they had the car run for 10 mins and it backfired, service writer said "it might have jumped timing." I keep being told, "we are waiting on the engineering line to tell us what to do."
Sponsored