Sponsored

Anyone buy an extended warranty EXCLUSIVELY because of evaporator fears?

figmentsas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
I purchased a FloodFord ExtraCARE ESP, 7 years, 60k miles, $0 deductible for $845 for my 2015 Eco Vert with 22k miles, giving me peace of mind for an extra 4 years or 38k miles. I bought it specifically because of the A/C issues, as I brought my car to the dealer 4 times, and finally, the 4th time, they replaced the evaporator. It has been a month since the service, so far, so good cool air coming out, but I am not taking any chances.
Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
A class action lawsuit was brought against Ford over evaporator core defects back in 2010. Ford won their motion for summary judgement and I highly doubt the outcome will be different if someone tries again.

Kerry O'Shea v. Ford Motor Company
2:10-cv-07640 | California Central District Court
True, but O'Shea lost because he or she could not prove for the class that Flux used in the manufacturing of the leaking evap cores had caused health problems. Here, the theory (and the damages) are different and might be that Ford is knowingly marketing and selling a class of cars that are unfit for their intended use (or worthless without an a/c in working order).

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I have precisely one year left on the 3/36 warranty, and that thread on the evaporators cutting loose (some on their 4th with 10K miles???? WTF?) has me a little nervous. Not sure what an extended warranty from ford will cost to cover the affected parts, but that seems to be an Achilles heel for ride.

On a side note, just got back from an extended vacation on Hawaii. Thought life was great when on one island, rented a V6 vert. Then went to another island and had a brand spanking new Infinity Q50 3.0T AWD twin turbo, and wow, sorry, but the difference in quality was astounding!
I did buy the ESP mainly for the evap issue. 6yr\125k from floodfordesp.com.
Sponsored