breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One other note - this has been done on a car with MFT so theres no reason I can think of why it wouldn't work on a base car. Again, I'm not going to say yes its 100% compatible until someone does it though.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
MFT?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
MFT = My Ford Touch, AKA Sync 2. No one called it Sync 2 until they released Sync 3 and it's ingrained in my head as MFT still.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't know if I even have Sync 2 lol...I never use the voice commands and the only steering wheel buttons I use is cruise control, advance to next song, accept a phone call, and raise and lower volume.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You don't have Sync 2. That was only in 2015 Premium cars. You have base Sync. The swap should work fine for you.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Nice! That is good news for once with the base model...unlike lower rear diffusers :tsk:

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Nice! That is good news for once with the base model...unlike lower rear diffusers :tsk:
I'm just waiting for one of my local rental car places to get a 18 silver GT that I can rent for the weekend :ninja:

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm just waiting for one of my local rental car places to get a 18 silver GT that I can rent for the weekend :ninja:
Find one with 401A then you have a cluster too! ;) JUST KIDDING

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
First post here, been on Stangnet for 18 years but their forums seem to be dying. In any case, I got my 17 because I was impatient waiting for the 18s and didn't really like the front bumper all that much. The digital dash is the only thing I really liked unique to the 18. I thought I might be the pioneer doing the switch but then I came across all of your guys work, so congrats. Ordered all the parts tonight and will be installing once everything arrives. Haven't gotten Forscan or the DLC connection yet but I figure the cluster will be a little bit anyway. I currently only have a Mac, which I believe isn't supported by Forscan. Will have to find a cheap desktop I guess. Will update as things start unfolding.

Sponsored
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
First post here, been on Stangnet for 18 years but their forums seem to be dying. In any case, I got my 17 because I was impatient waiting for the 18s and didn't really like the front bumper all that much. The digital dash is the only thing I really liked unique to the 18. I thought I might be the pioneer doing the switch but then I came across all of your guys work, so congrats. Ordered all the parts tonight and will be installing once everything arrives. Haven't gotten Forscan or the DLC connection yet but I figure the cluster will be a little bit anyway. I currently only have a Mac, which I believe isn't supported by Forscan. Will have to find a cheap desktop I guess. Will update as things start unfolding.
Awesome! Be ready for a months wait on some parts possibly. Hopefully its not that long but it seems to be.

Get a windows LAPTOP. A desktop would be horrible. You'd need a super long extension cord. I recommend the cheap NuVision $80 windows tablet. https://www.amazon.com/Performance-...s&keywords=nuvision&psc=1&smid=A2ZBRYNXXCIAR5

Its kind of a pain to type on so you should probably get a usb keyboard. Bluetooth should work too. That or get a cheap laptop. I have the NuVision tablet and I generally use it as long as I'm not modifying a lot of as built data. Then I have a Lenovo convertible laptop since it has a keyboard.

Don't forget to get the OBDLink MX: https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426...1520479821&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=obdlink+mx

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I meant laptop, been a long day. Ill definitely look into that tablet though, can always let the daughter play with it once Im done. Appreciate the excellent write up, thats another thing Stangnet lacked unfortunately. Im definitely anticipating a wait, I have lots of years with Ford as a Master tech, advisor and service manager, so I know how fun it is trying to get current model year parts. Never mind a cluster, which inherently is longer of a wait to begin with.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well hopefully your background can be helpful. We still have a couple issues to work out but none are a major problem. Those of us that have finished have little nuances that show up that's different from the others. They are listed in the main post.

I'm finishing up the heated wheel as well which has its own challenges.

Keep us updated of your progress once you start the install.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ironically the cluster was the shortest wait part in this install for me... Though now that several people have ordered it, it may be harder to find.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Will do. I'm sure I'll still have to fart around with the as built data. As a tech, I rarely needed it due to using IDS' PMI feature. The few times I did need it, it was simply copying from the database what was supposed to be there, not really trying to change anything. Also, seen some similar questions, but does the digital dash allow for changing the speedo and tach colors for night time or do they stay white? My 17 I currently have everything set to blue.
Sponsored