Sponsored

Steeda X pipe

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
so after having my windows tinted and feeling like a right gangster :) i find myself needing a slightly healthier noise to the GT, I know everyone one will be saying get a cat/axle back etc......but as its my daily I just don't want the full on noise, so I have booked in to have the steeda resonator delete x pipe fitted and keep the stock mufflers and see what that sounds like....I have heard a few you tube videos but you can never get the real sound differance.

has anyone else just done this resonator delete or have you all done cat/ axle backs

https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-gt-resonator-delete-x-pipe-c2x25216433
Sponsored

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Done similar with window tint :eyebulge:
I fitted only the Ford Racing X pipe and left on the OE mufflers.
IMO exhaust note sounds great without being "too loud"
You can't go wrong with that mod. :ford:

OP
OP

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
Done similar with window tint :eyebulge:
I fitted only the Ford Racing X pipe and left on the OE mufflers.
IMO exhaust note sounds great without being "too loud"
You can't go wrong with that mod. :ford:
excellent....i believe all the x pipes are the same just with differant manufacturer makes on them, so hopefully should be the same as yours, and i'm glad it wont be too loud. i dont need to sound like jonny fandango :D

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
It's a great mod, I did SVE X-pipe and after the stock mufflers break-in it's a nice difference in sound.

OP
OP

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
It's a great mod, I did SVE X-pipe and after the stock mufflers break-in it's a nice difference in sound.
cool....at least its a positive review and not wasting money.
stock mufflers break in?.....

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coastal Bend Mustangs of Texas

Yup, carbon will build up inside the mufflers and pipe & produce a deeper tone :}
tn_20170909_173400.jpg

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
excellent....i believe all the x pipes are the same just with differant manufacturer makes on them, so hopefully should be the same as yours, and i'm glad it wont be too loud. i dont need to sound like jonny fandango :D
I'm assuming Jonny is Carlos's brother?

Let us know how you like the sound!

OP
OP

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
well the steeda X pipe is on......
not bad, a little more burble on idle, and a more raspier sound over 4 thousand revs, I still think that maybe an axle back will improve the sound more, but for now its ok.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
well the steeda X pipe is on......
not bad, a little more burble on idle, and a more raspier sound over 4 thousand revs, I still think that maybe an axle back will improve the sound more, but for now its ok.
Thanks for the review!

Its designed to suit the Steeda Axle Back perfectly, and we generally try and keep them in stock, so whenever you are ready just let us know!

Sponsored
OP
OP

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
Thanks for the review!

Its designed to suit the Steeda Axle Back perfectly, and we generally try and keep them in stock, so whenever you are ready just let us know!
great stuff....is it just the 1 axle back system you do?.....and do I get a discount for sticking with STEEDA :-)

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
There is only 1 Steeda Axle Back system, and I'm sure we can do you a nicer price so you can show off the complete system to people!

We do offer other Axle back systems though from Kooks / Magnaflow etc. They're all a fair bit more aggressive, especially the Kooks which can literally just be a straight pipe if you want (!)
[MENTION=35548]l30bar[/MENTION] dont forget that we always recommend our IRS base pack for every mustang. Fit it, and you will thank me....

https://steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-base-pack-c2x22649870

Last edited:
OP
OP

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
There is only 1 Steeda Axle Back system, and I'm sure we can do you a nicer price so you can show off the complete system to people!

We do offer other Axle back systems though from Kooks / Magnaflow etc. They're all a fair bit more aggressive, especially the Kooks which can literally just be a straight pipe if you want (!)
sounds great, i'm not after a more agressive noise just a nice deep rumble and better moving traffic noise, I like the idea of keeping it all Steeda.