Sponsored

Couple of moans...

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Gearbox was noisy on my old Ecoboost, especially when cold & the changes from 1,2 and sometimes 3 were clunky. The Steeda clutch spring smoothed out the notchy changes but the noises remained.

The new GT though is entirely different, gearbox is pretty damn smooth, so much so i dont need to use the Steeda clutch spring. Its also quiet!

Brakes on the other hand are a bit noisy, its at the dealers now having that looked at as well as a couple of other things i picked up on at collection. Sounds like a stone or something is stuck behind the brake disc and is scraping on the backing plate, its like a shovel being dragged along the ground which speeds up and slows down with the car. I'm sure its something simple :confused:
Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Brakes on the other hand are a bit noisy, its at the dealers now having that looked at as well as a couple of other things i picked up on at collection. Sounds like a stone or something is stuck behind the brake disc and is scraping on the backing plate, its like a shovel being dragged along the ground which speeds up and slows down with the car. I'm sure its something simple :confused:

Sounds like a stone in the brakes. Reversing can usually clear it.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Sounds like a stone in the brakes. Reversing can usually clear it.

Dealer just rang, they've stripped the brakes down completely & cleaned them. Car had sat for quite a while in Fords compound so looks like one of them had siezed slightly.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mate you might recall in the early days I was the first to mention the gearbox whirl, honest it's normal, both my 16 and 18 mustangs do it, I'm guessing you're still running stock exhaust as this does hide the whirling somewhat.

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Convertible Auto Magnetic Euro PP Custom Pk
Hope it goes well, Kristian.

I believe Ford Hungerford are a family run business, so you should be looked after. I understand the owner drives an '18MY.

Good luck, and keep us posted :)
Was in Peter Stirland Ford (Hungerford) a couple of times recently and had another very positive experience. In for an intermediate oil change and they picked up and dealt with a warranty issue - seamlessly, the way it should be!

The owner's Magnetic MY18 is now sold but I wouldn't be surprised to see another Mustang there soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mate you might recall in the early days I was the first to mention the gearbox whirl, honest it's normal, both my 16 and 18 mustangs do it, I'm guessing you're still running stock exhaust as this does hide the whirling somewhat.
Hey mate, I do indeed. I had a good read of your thread before I took it in to Ford Guildford. Had another read again just now to remind myself - thrust bearing.

Now my original warranty issue is resolved and armed with this knowledge I'm going to pursue getting this swapped out. The guys over at Ford Hungerford seem very capable so when I go in to get my fuel door sorted, I'll have a chat with them about it & see if they can do that as well.

I can't see Ford refusing the warranty work, even though it apparently "normal" it's clearly louder than the average - Dave at GT101 even said this to me.

One question - when Mike replaced the tb, did the sound go completely? PM me if you have any details :) cheers

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had two techs look at mine. One said there was an issue the other said all Fords sound like it.

They both said they could take it apart under warranty but if they didn't find a problem I would be paying the bill.

Given what happend with KaptainGlaazam or whatever his name is and his clutch being refused under warranty despite it being bloody obvious it was a manufacturing fault and the same with his wheel bearings, I can't see Ford paying for this & would imagine you'll be told what I've just mentioned above.

That said you've probably got bugger all miles on yours so...

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had two techs look at mine. One said there was an issue the other said all Fords sound like it.

They both said they could take it apart under warranty but if they didn't find a problem I would be paying the bill.

Given what happend with KaptainGlaazam or whatever his name is and his clutch being refused under warranty despite it being bloody obvious it was a manufacturing fault and the same with his wheel bearings, I can't see Ford paying for this & would imagine you'll be told what I've just mentioned above.

That said you've probably got bugger all miles on yours so...
yep 7.5k miles on mine. As it's been present since day 1, I'm gunna keep at it. I'll be sure to challenge it if they say no to the warranty route, but worst case - it's a relatively cheap part and I would probably get it done anyway, next time I have some work done...

I will give Hungerford a call today & see what they say - I'm already booked in for next Thurs so makes sense to have this seen to at the same time.