Sponsored

To all the E85 users out there,...(check this out)

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Yup F1A-94, stock engine and on wastegate at 15psi it made 922whp.
:headbang:

Not going to test those waters until I get a shortblock on the side. :D
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Could this happen even on an N/A car like my own? Also, as for gumming up injectors, etc., I thought E85 prevents that build up since it is a solvent and is cleaner than regular gasoline.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Could this happen even on an N/A car like my own? Also, as for gumming up injectors, etc., I thought E85 prevents that build up since it is a solvent and is cleaner than regular gasoline.
Hard to say. It might happen in the injector, might not happen at all.

This is collecting where it's supposed to; fuel filter.

As someone else said in this thread this is supposedly happening from ethanol cleaning up some of the detergents etc in fuel that gets caught up in the lines... So the thing is we can't say for sure if that stuff would slowly get washed out the injector and burnt up, or if they would collect and gum something up first hand. The filter is definitely going to catch it and allow it to collect more so than without a filter. That doesn't necessarily mean it's good or bad...

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Been running E85 for 12 years in all my boosted applications and NEVER run gasoline. Ethanol is a natural cleaner. The goo is from condensation (water) now I do run on occasion Lucas ethanol additive to my tank. 1 ounce a month. The additive is more about helping to remove water.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
subd

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
2 years straight e no issues.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I get this all the time in Ohio. You know what would be super helpful, do you still have any of it?

I would love to put samples in different ethanol stabilizer, and cleaner products to see which ones work well for breaking it up.

Well, in the last 7 years I have been very good about cleaning out my filters about once a month or so just as caution. As well as having the injectors cleaned at least once a year. Always warning people to keep an eye on fuel pressure, and air fuel ratio once they swap to E85.

My car has been flawless as usual, same plugs, no tune changes.
Then I got gas a week ago, and 1 day later got the fuel pressure warning.....

Here is what I found today when I pulled the filter.
The dreaded "E85 mystery goo balls"
e85_fun.jpg

Now I know there are allllllll sorts of theories on internal vs. external pumps, and heat in fuel vs running coolers, and additives etc. However I can run months without an issue what so ever, then magically after one fill up get this. (without any change to my set up) So, who knows what really causes it...all I know is that if you run E85, make sure to keep your eye on that AFR, and FUEL pressure. :)

PS: So I run a $4000 ecu on my car, that I have programed in many safety functions, to shut down the car if issues arise that could hurt the motor. (Such as AFR ratio per psi, fuel pressure monitor, etc) All of these functions can set codes, flash a light, or shut the motor down if something is bad enough.... (aka, fuel pressure dropping) So no motor damage happened, just a warning, and some down time to clean everything.
Sponsored