Sponsored

Did I Get Bad Gas?

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So yesterday my tank was getting pretty low, about 1/8th of a tank (lower than I like), so went to fill up at a Chevron. They were about $0.20 higher per gallon than the stations by my house so I only filled up 5 gallons. Today I was driving back to work from lunch and was back to around 50 miles to empty and all of a sudden the car hesitated on me when I dropped a gear to pass someone. I fill up the the tank with gas from a station I trust, but the hesitation remains. I'm also getting about 12 mpg on this tank so far (I average 20 mpg). I'm thinking it's bad gas and should fix itself when the good stuff reaches the engine, hopefully in the next 20-50 miles.

Anybody else have any thoughts. FWIW mine's a 16 GT with 44000 miles.

Update: Car won't run at all. :( Gonna get it towed to the dealer in the morning.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Any update?

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
They replaced the fuel pump, but are testing to see if anything else is wrong. The tech was convinced I was running an aftermarket tune cause the fuel trims were all over the place and nowhere near where they should be.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
They replaced the fuel pump, but are testing to see if anything else is wrong. The tech was convinced I was running an aftermarket tune cause the fuel trims were all over the place and nowhere near where they should be.
The fuel trims were all over the place because it was trying to compensate for the failing fuel pump... :headbonk: :frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The fuel trims were all over the place because it was trying to compensate for the failing fuel pump... :headbonk: :frusty:
I know right. I told them I was running really lean, AFR>18. You would think they would have checked the fuel filter and then fuel pump before asking if I had a tune.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Well, at least it sounds like they're going to take care of it. Hopefully, that'll fix the issue.

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I was hoping to get my car back today, but the water pump was leaking. So hopefully I get it back tomorrow. This past week has reminded me why I stopped by domestic and went Japanese.
Sponsored