Sponsored

US hood in EU??

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Hey guys,

did anyone of know if someone in EU is able to get / sell / ship original US hood with vents?

Or only way is to manage own shipping from US?
Officialy ford even dont wanna ship the hoods in USA so only way is to pick it up by someone who will transfer it to ship and then ship it... and that is a bit overcomplicated for me...

Thank you for any tips .)
Sponsored

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, ofc. i have cash for it :)) I know in US its for about 800 (got that info from a local US ford dealer), or around 1-1kUSD on official ford parts web. So its not cheap :)

Thats no big deal tbh but the transport and all the stuff around, handling, shipping, VAT will rise the price.

So ofc, i dont wanna spend like 2-3k for it!
But under 1500 its still acceptable for me...
(so if you have some offer, please MP me :)

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Lol, ofc. i have cash for it :)) I know in US its for about 800 (got that info from a local US ford dealer), or around 1-1kUSD on official ford parts web. So its not cheap :)

Thats no big deal tbh but the transport and all the stuff around, handling, shipping, VAT will rise the price.

So ofc, i dont wanna spend like 2-3k for it!
But under 1500 its still acceptable for me...
(so if you have some offer, please MP me :)
The Roush Belgium often has US hoods in stock. Want me to check for you?

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh do they? Well if you will be so kind, ill be happy :)
thanx a lot!
(But not with the drilled scoop i hope... on the other hand - the roush vents will be better then stock to me )

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
If you want US hood only for vents, it would be waaaay cheaper to get those and let someone install them (but of course you already know that :) )

Speaking about replacing the entire hood, I don't know if there are some issues with our different hinges - those who 'explode' when you hit a pedestrian (not to better kill him :D but to raise the hood to mitigate the pedestrian head impact..)

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey ;)

Ye i know about the "cut n place" way but i dont like the way how it looks on top of the hood instead in the hood (you know what i mean right? :)

About the hood - i think the hinges are transferable from eu to us hood. I hope :)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Those are going to be the two most expensive holes ever. I'd spend my money elsewhere.

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Im getting my hood vents installed in the UK end of this month. There were some problems with the first examples they did, but it seems like the installers have got it nailed now.

Im having some Starkey LED turn signals installed at the same time, to completely match the US MY16 look with the integrated turn signals.

My costs:

Vents (from newtake off) €60
Starkey LED lights €90
Install €200ish

So im all done for about €350, which seems OK value for a decent impact visual mod.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
If you want US hood only for vents, it would be waaaay cheaper to get those and let someone install them (but of course you already know that :) )

Speaking about replacing the entire hood, I don't know if there are some issues with our different hinges - those who 'explode' when you hit a pedestrian (not to better kill him :D but to raise the hood to mitigate the pedestrian head impact..)
Nope, no problems :) 1 thing to keep in mind though when shopping aftermarket hoods is that 1. some of those fiberglass hoods are MUCH heavier than OEM 2. the fiberglass hoods (although I do like the looks of some) are impossible to modify if there's some production imperfections. So if you have OCD, it might not be for you.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Im getting my hood vents installed in the UK end of this month. There were some problems with the first examples they did, but it seems like the installers have got it nailed now.

Im having some Starkey LED turn signals installed at the same time, to completely match the US MY16 look with the integrated turn signals.

My costs:

Vents (from newtake off) €60
Starkey LED lights €90
Install €200ish

So im all done for about €350, which seems OK value for a decent impact visual mod.
Nice! What color are you going for?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Orange Starkey LEDs.
:)
Pretty cool product. May I suggest applying a strip of tinting foil over them before installation. Otherwise they look very white and visible through the vents when they're off.
Sponsored