Sponsored

Winter tires for a GT?

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT manual LB
Anyone have any recommendations for winter tires for a GT? I've been reading on the forums and some people suggest going for a bit narrower tires than stock ones. I plan on using the same wheels.

I see some Americans are running 255/40/19 all around. Do 255 tires fit on the back? Iirc the tires on the back are 275.

Any advice/suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If you can get Bridgestone Blizzak
255 front & 275 rear. Fits on stock wheels.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I use Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 and am very content with them. You hardly notice they are winter tires, which I never had before with any other brand.

I would strongly advise against changing the size and also against going with a squared setup. If there's any season when you want to keep your car's factory balance and handling it's winter. So like Bahndvr already said stick with 255/40 front and 275/40 rear.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I use Nokian WRA4 in the correct GT 275 255 sizes.

They are excellent tyres and relatively good value too. I paid about €190 per corner (average).

EstMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT, 2011 Alfa Romeo 159 SW TBI TI
Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 in original sizes and yes - they feel excellent! Good grip in low temperatures on wet asphalt, quiet ride but not wallowy. Had a chance to try real snow conditions last week for the first time in Mustang as we had a pretty heavy snowfall on Thursday, ca 10cm cover on the ground. The car was cool with that, Normal mode quite usable but any time revs go over 2500 or so you get a bit of tail action :-), just fun but gotta be careful on narrower streets...
Sponsored