Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Good looking out. I'm now wondering for those of us who are supercharged or plan on supercharging if this new strut tower brace can be installed on a 15-17.
If you have a 15-17 PP/GT or PP/Ecoboost, then you have that brace. It is the K-brace. You get that and the STB.

I feel like everyone has me blocked.. LOL
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If you have a 15-17 PP/GT, then you have that brace. It is the K-brace. You get that and the STB.

Remember the car is 'all-new'. :lol:

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
If you have a 15-17 PP/GT or PP/Ecoboost, then you have that brace. It is the K-brace. You get that and the STB.

I understand that. But strapping on a supercharger requires the permanent removal of the factory PP strut tower brace and as far as I know no other aftermarket ones will clear it either. This looks like it would work with a blower since it goes around the manifold.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I understand that. But strapping on a supercharger requires the permanent removal of the factory PP strut tower brace and as far as I know no other aftermarket ones will clear it either. This looks like it would work with a blower since it goes around the manifold.
All current mustangs have that brace. The PP just has the extra one. Adding a blower does not require removal of the rear brace.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
All current mustangs have that brace. The PP just has the extra one.
The non-PP GTs without the 20 inch wheels don't have the K-brace or the strut tower brace. I added both to my non-PP GT.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The non-PP GTs without the 20 inch wheels don't have the K-brace or the strut tower brace. I added both to my non-PP GT.
Really? I would have thought it to be integral to the chassis integrity. Very odd that they wouldn't include it.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
The california special has the k-brace and strut tower brace, and 19" wheels :p.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
All EU models have PP and K brace but none have the strut tower brace. This has to do with the pedestrian collision safety system that pushes the hood upwards in case of a collision and requires there to be a certain amount of space between the hood and the top of the engine. A strut tower brace would limit this space and disqualify the car for a 5 star Euro Ncap rating in the pedestrian safety category.

So the safety of stupid pedestrians who are looking at their phone instead of where they are going apparently is more important than cornering stability for the driver of the car. Strange world. Luckily you can retrofit the stb and nobody gives a sh!t.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I was looking at the 2018 build and price and the cloth seats look different (two tone in the middle). Anyone have a chance to see them in person?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is there a lower grille that is gloss black like the top, or are they always flat black?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Is there a lower grille that is gloss black like the top, or are they always flat black?
Unlikely. So far only flat black ones have been spotted. Painted ones would probably chip like crazy.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
Another video showing the difference in styling from '15 to '18. Quite nicely done.
To my eyes the '18 is a step up in style, the '15 looks just a little old school around the fog lights and at the back.

[ame]
Sponsored