Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
sold it, all these dealer trips are too much for brand new car
Don't blame you there. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the same when I get mine back. Car is currently at the dealer cause it can't hold idle and getting evaporator replaced as well.

Hopefully your new ride is problem free.
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
My 2015 Gt went out in Oct. Dealer said lower port hose crimp leaking. Replace same, week later out again, this time they actually found evap leaking under dash, Two day fix after one week part wait. Repaired with no rattles, etc. (excellent mechanic at dealership). Warranty expires next week so I bought service plan,avoid big dollar repairs,I hope!
How much was the service plan?

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Don't blame you there. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the same when I get mine back. Car is currently at the dealer cause it can't hold idle and getting evaporator replaced as well.

Hopefully your new ride is problem free.
Yea, it really sucks. it was a Dream to drive but I cant keep doing repair to a car that is less than two years old

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Yea, it really sucks. it was a Dream to drive but I cant keep doing repair to a car that is less than two years old
What car did you decide on?

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
What car did you decide on?

Don't laugh..... 2014 Mazda 6, It's dirt cheap to maintain and operate. Its the "sportiest" out of the midsize sedans. I'll be having kids and buying a house soon so need something cheap, safe and family friendly. Not paying 500 a month for payment and filling up twice a week will be nice. Somehow my insurance went up 15 bucks a month, I will have to call them about that.

Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Don't laugh..... 2014 Mazda 6, It's dirt cheap to maintain and operate. Its the "sportiest" out of the midsize sedans. I'll be having kids and buying a house soon so need something cheap, safe and family friendly. Not paying 500 a month for payment and filling up twice a week will be nice. Somehow my insurance went up 15 bucks a month, I will have to call them about that.
I actually like those, so no laughs from me. And after dealing with the issues with my car, a reliable car sounds like a dream.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
This thread makes me scared of owning this car once the warranty is up.

My S2000 was practically bulletproof in 7.5 years and 155k miles driven. Only repair was a leaking VTEC solenoid at about 120K miles.

The GTO had several repairs in only 3 years of ownership
-Radiator failed at 70k
-Water pump failed at 80k
-Steering rack started pissing fluid, had to replace at 90k
-Starter failed at 92k.

My experience with the Mustang will probably determine whether or not I buy another American car again.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Was supposed to get my car back yesterday, then this morning, now this evening. Apparently the system is running at 300 psi instead of 80 psi after getting the evaporator and compressor replaced. They're now trying to find out why.

Can't wait to trade this car in when I get it back.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Was supposed to get my car back yesterday, then this morning, now this evening. Apparently the system is running at 300 psi instead of 80 psi after getting the evaporator and compressor replaced. They're now trying to find out why.

Can't wait to trade this car in when I get it back.
I had the same after replacing the AC valve lines and a second refill, the reason was the calibration of the filling machine. When I got home I noticed that my radiator was making a very loud noise so I when back to the dealer and there we released some pressure of the AC valves. Problem solved we thought, after a 5 minute drive heading home again I noticed the same issue so I drove back yet another time. Then we emptied the AC again and refilled it after they properly calibrated the filling machine again. Couple months later it still works...

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I had the same after replacing the AC valve lines and a second refill, the reason was the calibration of the filling machine. When I got home I noticed that my radiator was making a very loud noise so I when back to the dealer and there we released some pressure of the AC valves. Problem solved we thought, after a 5 minute drive heading home again I noticed the same issue so I drove back yet another time. Then we emptied the AC again and refilled it after they properly calibrated the filling machine again. Couple months later it still works...
Got it back last night and took it on an 8 hour trip today and it was a little cooler on the passenger side than the driver side. Definitely noticeable when putting your hand on the vents. I guess I'll be bringing it back in...

Sponsored

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 years, 2003 Mach 1 D1sc, 2002 4.2L
The dealership that serviced mine...

"We did about 1 of these every week during the summer"

:frusty::frusty:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i won't have to worry about this anymore after tomorrow. getting a 2018 scat pack chally, and its sweet.

3 years really is the limit for me on any car.

bye ford, for now. maybe in 3 years i'll be back.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
i won't have to worry about this anymore after tomorrow. getting a 2018 scat pack chally, and its sweet.

3 years really is the limit for me on any car.

bye ford, for now. maybe in 3 years i'll be back.
reliability issues making you leave ford?
Sponsored