Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hi Notes,
How did you fixed this issue?
Didn't fix it, it's still there. I will replace it when I can find a take-off at some point.
I visited several shops and their proposal was to insert/replace the corner with real leather, costing 300 to 400€
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Leather? What leather?
Leather huh.jpg
Just an FYI:

The only leather in Fords (and many other domestic Manufacturers) is the seating surface - which would only be the upholstery your back and ass touch.

That would be true for the front and rear seats.

The rest of the seating surface (side bolsters, outside edges of upper and lower cushions and entire backside of seats) is made of other synthetic materials designed to look like leather.

The synthetic parts could be a combination of plastic/vinyl (ie: pleather) or some upholstery vendors are using plant based materials to “go green” in their manufacturing of “vegan upholstery” (ie: veather).

—-

Search on eBay for S550 upholstery take offs - there’s always various sets on there and for decent prices rather than having to purchase whole seats or cushions. There’s also a larger thread on here discussing and demonstrating how to swap the front seat upholstery.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
The driver seat and half the passenger seat look terrific, but one side of the passenger seat looks like this
59d34e1e305f6a1540e6838f72fae349.jpg

The other side is perfectly smooth
11a3c01d223c5ff72ba95e12f902c9c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had a similar issue with my 2016. Granted my ass was in it daily but the leather transitioned to that "beat" look much sooner then it should.
I tried to keep it clean and treat the leather but it had no impact. No rips simply looked used a lot.
The 16 had 18K on it when I traded it in. My ass isn't all that fat either. Given the complaining I still consider the seat very comfortable.
Even my main mule commented on the comfort which really shocked me.
Sponsored