Sponsored

Power Mirror Issue?

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
That sucks.. i finally got a video of it and mine is going in next week.
Sponsored

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they figure out something. Mine goes in next week.

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So here is my dealer/Ford story. Dropped car off, pointed out scratch on top (from last dealership that they said wasn't their fault) walked around car all good. 8 hours later I get a call that the mirrors need motors and they can't warranty them due to marks on the mirrors. I was like WTF!!! The is no marks on my mirrors, they either happened there or ??? What are they looking at, bug stains?? I said several times that there are zero, none, nadda marks on the bleeping bleep mirrors. Called ford cust care and opened an item. Picking car up in the morning as I was way to heated to do so today.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Mines going in again soon. They need to talk to Ford and go through a few more items. My guess is they won’t be able to fix it.

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would like to know if the limit/position switch is in the motors... I don't have a manual for the car yet.

Sponsored

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"
Glad (but not really) to see other people having this issue. I have had this issue to, for sometime, but it started out really randomly and sparse, in either mirror, and so I let it go. And now over time (I have a 2015 and had it about 2.5 yrs) it almost happens about every other time I get in the car - so its getting pretty annoying. But I haven't bothered taking it to a Ford dealer yet to see if they can fix (really don't want to be without my car for extended period time why they try to figure it out for such a minor issue). But want to stay up-to-date on this thread to see if anybody comes back with an actual fix from Ford.

Plus I have my video of this issue I first posted over 2 yrs ago I can share.

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm changing out the mirror motors. I'll post back.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Mine donit just about everyday but haven’t acted up when at ford yet.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I have it too - just as random as everyone else. For me, it always happens before I have even had a chance to sit down. Sometimes when I press the UNLOCK on my fob, and sometimes when I touch the door handle to unlock it before getting in. Either way, always before I have actually entered the car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I saved my second preset to have the mirrors angled down to make it easier to see the curb when parking. Occasionally, they will get stuck and starting popping just as everyone else has described. When it happens, I just hit preset 1 then preset 2 and it goes away. Annoying yes, but not enough for me to take it back to the dealer as I have little faith there is a fix for this yet.

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer says Ford knows about the problem and is directing the techs to replace the mirror motor assemblies. ( I was about to on my own) The dealership got Ford to replace mine. My car has been in a week due to haggling with Ford. They also had to replace my dash trim for peeling. Picking up today but its going to storage for the winter this week.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I saved my second preset to have the mirrors angled down to make it easier to see the curb when parking. Occasionally, they will get stuck and starting popping just as everyone else has described. When it happens, I just hit preset 1 then preset 2 and it goes away. Annoying yes, but not enough for me to take it back to the dealer as I have little faith there is a fix for this yet.
The problem I have is with diminished value. When you go to sell your car…and the mirrors start popping like crazy (nearly every time), you’ve got a problem. This isn’t something you should have to live with in a brand new vehicle.

The dealer says Ford knows about the problem and is directing the techs to replace the mirror motor assemblies. ( I was about to on my own) The dealership got Ford to replace mine. My car has been in a week due to haggling with Ford. They also had to replace my dash trim for peeling. Picking up today but its going to storage for the winter this week.
Mines in the shop today. They have already replaced the door switch and the drivers control module per Ford. We’ll see what they do next…this is my fourth visit.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Hmm. I would love to get it fixed, but I HATE taking the car into the dealer (much less leaving it there for more than a few hours) I think I'll wait 'til FoMoCo has decided how to fix it during ONE visit.

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motors replaced, with the few miles I drove it to storage it was good.
Sponsored