Sponsored

Power Mirror Issue?

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
First of all I have the entry/exit setting checked so that my seat slides back so that it’s easier to get out of the car. I hadn't noticed it before but it seems that the mirrors also move every time I turn the car on/off.

Two days ago I get in and press the start button once so the seat moves forward and there was this popping sound. Took me a few seconds to figure out that the passenger mirror was stuck trying to move and just stayed in this stuck position until I got out and pushed it. The motor was trying to move and it would pop, then trying to move again and popping every second. Today the driver side mirror did the same thing. The only way to stop it was to push it the other direction.

Afterwards, both mirrors appear to go back to the preset positions that I programmed and appear to be functioning properly to commands. How do I get it to stop moving the mirrors every time I get in the car and still use the entry/exit setting? I would like just the seat to move.

Of course I’m also concerned there is something wrong with the mirrors.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Instead of using the entry/exit setting, just use one of the seat presets to have the seat further back so you can get out, and switch it to that preset before you get out of the car and then back to your normal preset when you want to get in.

OP
OP
Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Yeah, I guess that is what I need to do. Was hoping there was a way to use the entry/exit without moving the mirrors. Thanks.

Wizzard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT Premium 401A 50th ann package
. How do I get it to stop moving the mirrors every time I get in the car and still use the entry/exit setting? I would like just the seat to move.

If you're the only person driving, are you using multiple FOBs?
Try setting the same mirror positions to all memory settings.
If the mirror set position is fully outboard, it may be sticking when trying to realign to that memory set point.

You SHOULD complain about the mirror popping noise when it's stuck, especially if you receive a survey card. It's inherent in the design of the glass actuator, so it's not broken, just objectionable.

OP
OP
Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I think I have it figured out and I'm still just pressing the power button once as soon as I get in. It is programmed to the one fob and doesn't seem to be moving the mirrors now. Still not 100% sure how I did it. Also have #3 setup to just move the seat back.

Sponsored

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the same issue with my mirrors. Mostly its the passenger side but occasionally its the drivers side too. It does not do it very often, once a month or maybe twice a month. Pushing any button for the mirror control stops it. It has to be a software issue... Not sure what to do... The dealer would have to keep my car for a month to duplicate the problem...

First of all I have the entry/exit setting checked so that my seat slides back so that it’s easier to get out of the car. I hadn't noticed it before but it seems that the mirrors also move every time I turn the car on/off.

Two days ago I get in and press the start button once so the seat moves forward and there was this popping sound. Took me a few seconds to figure out that the passenger mirror was stuck trying to move and just stayed in this stuck position until I got out and pushed it. The motor was trying to move and it would pop, then trying to move again and popping every second. Today the driver side mirror did the same thing. The only way to stop it was to push it the other direction.

Afterwards, both mirrors appear to go back to the preset positions that I programmed and appear to be functioning properly to commands. How do I get it to stop moving the mirrors every time I get in the car and still use the entry/exit setting? I would like just the seat to move.

OP
OP
Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Disregard my comment about where I thought I had it figured out. I think I was the first to ask about this issue on this site. A few other threads have been created since then on the same subject and are in this section as well.

Maybe your dealership is better than mine. They don't seem to have any understanding on how to troubleshoot an issue. I even provided a short video. The only thing done was plug in the computer and check for faults. No faults so he gave up within 15 minutes.

Someone posted in the other thread a few days ago and I looked into mine again. I disabled entry/exit and just this morning I open the door and the mirror moves all the way out and starts popping. It's really annoying.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Xanther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I haven't taken ours in yet on this issue, plan to soon, but anyway - quickest fix for us is to hit one of the presets. Doesn't matter which one, but I hit 'mine' and the mirror moves to the correct position and stop clicking/bumping.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I haven't taken ours in yet on this issue, plan to soon, but anyway - quickest fix for us is to hit one of the presets. Doesn't matter which one, but I hit 'mine' and the mirror moves to the correct position and stop clicking/bumping.
Welcome to the forum, Xanther! Bring it in to your Ford Dealer and get it checked out. Then, let’s get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
What was the fix for this. I have noted it also..

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Mine is currently at the dealer for the third time for this very issue. They have tried a variety of things so far with no fix. The current item they are changing is the drivers side control module. We'll see if it fixes it.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Occasionally when I use the seat preset switches the passenger side mirror will go bonkers and click in the upper position until I hit the other preset switch. It just happened last week when I let someone test drive my car and she used my wife's number 2 setting. It has happened maybe 6 times in 2 years and I have not bothered to have it looked at by the dealership.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
Occasionally when I use the seat preset switches the passenger side mirror will go bonkers and click in the upper position until I hit the other preset switch. It just happened last week when I let someone test drive my car and she used my wife's number 2 setting. It has happened maybe 6 times in 2 years and I have not bothered to have it looked at by the dealership.

I have videos of this happening on my car, happens randomly on both side view mirrors when I press any one of the memory presets.
I always drive using the same key, dealer has reflashed my modules.
I tried relearning my presets numerous times.
Still same problem.
Sometimes it happens to the r/s mirror sometimes the l/s mirror, completely random.
Taken it about 4 times for this issue and it wont fault when the car is at the dealership.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Alright folks, an update to my saga. I have had the car to the dealership 4 times now for the power mirror bugs. The dealership has followed Fords recommendation and the last fix seems (so far) to have worked. The last change was to replace the driver’s side door module that apparently controls both mirrors. Previously, when I unlocked the vehicle, the mirrors would articulate outwards and up…and sometimes keep on going (which is where the clicking was coming form). After the new module, the mirrors now do not budge one bit when unlocking the doors. The mirrors will still adjust properly per different memory function.

So for those still having an issue….be persistent at the dealer.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I knew I shouldn't have posted. It's back. Will update with Fords next solution.
Sponsored