Sponsored

Anyone else have this issue with their leather

drewdiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP, 85' SVO
Mine has looked exactly like this since the day I one! I noticed it when I took delivery of the car but the guy who pulled it around to the delivery garage was really fat so I figured it was just his ass print at the time. This is ridiculous for a 41K car. I am shocked to see how many are having this same issue. When you touch the leather there is about a 1/4 inch void of empty space between the cover and the pad below. It also looks like the alignment is off in the manner that they sewed the pieces together. The pass seat is wavy on the side bolster but nowhere near as bad as the drivers seat. I only weigh 160 lbs and the lower outboard side bolster where the lower meets the upper back is very loose as weak and seems not connected to the seat. And for reference, these pics are taken after NO ONE has sat in the seat in over two days. Its significantly worse after I get out of the seat.

i don't know if you already fixed your seat(s) or not, but they finally fixed my seat after 3 hard complaints. when i first got the car, i did noticed how the leather would just leave dimples as if i weighed 300 pounds. (only 160 give or take). the first time they fixed it for "leather tightening" it barely made a difference. when i complained the second time they actually approved me for full leather replacement so i figured everything was going to be perfect. boy was i wrong! the new leather installed looked so bad, so crinkled, so dimpled out i didn't even care about my leather and gave up. long story short..i COMPLAINED HARD for a 3rd time 5 months later. i get approved for "leather tightening and foam replacement"..here are the night and day(literally lol) pics from the first time i complained to the 3rd time i complained. keep on complaining folks..it will eventually work! lmao

Sponsored

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine are doing the same thing. Started a while back. Figured it's a Ford not a Rolls Royce. If they can't sew leather properly after all these years, that's sad.

I am not going to complain. Not worth the aggravation.

Ford could have designed the seams a little better, but, then again its a Ford.

Phillip123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang v6.
Had issues with leather seats since it the days it was very sunny in Alabama and I was a kiddo walking around but naked :p

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Mine are doing the same thing. Started a while back. Figured it's a Ford not a Rolls Royce. If they can't sew leather properly after all these years, that's sad.

I am not going to complain. Not worth the aggravation.

Ford could have designed the seams a little better, but, then again its a Ford.
Same with Euro Specs, at least, mine. I've those waves over the leather since the very few miles I drove it from dealer to house.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What's the success rate of getting the leather corrected?

I'm assuming the Dealer is just sending the car to a local upholstery shop?

Sponsored

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
i don't know if you already fixed your seat(s) or not, but they finally fixed my seat after 3 hard complaints. when i first got the car, i did noticed how the leather would just leave dimples as if i weighed 300 pounds. (only 160 give or take). the first time they fixed it for "leather tightening" it barely made a difference. when i complained the second time they actually approved me for full leather replacement so i figured everything was going to be perfect. boy was i wrong! the new leather installed looked so bad, so crinkled, so dimpled out i didn't even care about my leather and gave up. long story short..i COMPLAINED HARD for a 3rd time 5 months later. i get approved for "leather tightening and foam replacement"..here are the night and day(literally lol) pics from the first time i complained to the 3rd time i complained. keep on complaining folks..it will eventually work! lmao

Hi nice seats! So how long have you sat in your new seats? I imagine that's normal for leather to warp like that after the initial break in. How long has it been since the perfect leather and I imagine it might go warping again later anyway.

Zedex6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Marauder
Mine has the stretchy loose leather and only at 3600 miles. Seems the cushion under the leather is failing to decrompress and causes this. Just one of those little things like the body panel alignment that bothers me for a $40k car.

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for looping me in on this, loonysup. :)

Let's see how I can best assist with getting those seats in tip-top shape, JeffreyDJ, MELLOWYELLOW06, and Jaxstang. Making an appointment with your dealers is a great first step. Please let me know when you do so, and include your full names, best contact numbers, current mileage, VINs, and servicing dealers.

Let me know if you decide to take your Ponies to the dealers for this, franklin9150 and JimmyTwoTimes. I'll need the above requested information

Rachel
Hello Rachel,

I'm not sure if you got my pm but I needed assistance on getting my Mustang leather seats fixed. I can share photos if you like but I've already brought it to my dealer in Northern California and they took photos. I'm hoping you can assist in speeding up the process of getting approved. I asked the service supervisor if it'll be covered under warranty. I'm not sure why not if I only had it for 3 weeks and I barely weigh 165 lbs.

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Plump Leather Drive Seat

So I went and got the leather seat corrected. No hassle thanks to the great coordination with my local dealership and assistance from my regional Ford customer service rep with referral by FordService straight from this very forums!

The only problem was they didn't do both seats. Only the drivers. Service manager says it should be no problem after getting more usage out of the front passengers bring it back and we'll fix it.

The drivers seat now feels and looks great too!

Thanks Fremont Ford, Service manager Peter, Susan Miller (regional customer manager), and Deysha from ServiceFord mustang6g member!
Plump Driver Seat.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Back TTT for leather seat owners...

Seems this is a plague in the S550...

Hey Ford Service, how can we get this rectified, I mean it should be covered under the 3/36 and no owners should be questioned or denied, correct??

Notice all of the complaint threads about the Ford Leather in the S550, does quality control exist at Ford?

Sponsored

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
38k and this..... wouldnt expect it...
20171213_063417.jpg

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The leather is so cheap in these cars.....the snap from my shorts actually put a gouge in the seats.

Custom leather for the front seats will be on the list for me at some point.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
After going through this thread, it sounds like a lot of people have an issue with just the looks of the wrinkled leather, but for me, I am feeling a serious lack of cushion under the wrinkled leather, at the rear 1/3 of the cushion, towards the back rest. I can push down with my hand quite a bit, but if I push down in the middle of the seat or at the front of it (where the knees are), I can feel a ton of padding. Is there something wrong? I am almost the point of wanting to sell this car because of these seats.

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible