Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
'17 Ecoboost Premium 'Vert with Sync 3 and Auto climate control.

Let's say it's 90 degrees outside. I get in, start the car and set the Auto climate control to 72 degrees. Shouldn't the system (when in AUTO mode) spit ice cubes and kick the fan up to 100% until the cabin temp cools down because mine doesn't. It blows kinds cool with the fan speed at 20-30%.

If I hit MAX AC the temp drops to LO and the fan goes to 100% and the air temp gets ice cold. Same if I manually drop the temp to LO. I can also manually increase the fan speed to 100% but the air is still kinda cool.

Is this normal or is there a way to recalibrate the system so that it works the way automatic climate control should work - AUTOMATICALLY?
Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
IMO you're half right.

Years ago - when AUTO climate became widespread - it did work like that. And I agree it seems logical. But (and again - this is not FACT just opinion) I think people complained, and the manufacturers programmed it to achieve the desired temp more gradually. (And as you mentioned, they left the option for the user to override the gently-getting-there mode and select the right-friggin'-now mode)

I am curious to hear some additional opinions!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think they are doing a more gentle approach nowadays.
My Mustang never go full blast unless I use max AC.
My Subaru on the other hand would even turn on re circulation automatically but it doesn't have a max AC function.

OP
OP
barrykaye1001

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
IMO you're half right.

Years ago - when AUTO climate became widespread - it did work like that. And I agree it seems logical. But (and again - this is not FACT just opinion) I think people complained, and the manufacturers programmed it to achieve the desired temp more gradually. (And as you mentioned, they left the option for the user to override the gently-getting-there mode and select the right-friggin'-now mode)

I am curious to hear some additional opinions!
Sounds like you might be right although for me, if the car has been sitting in the sun all day, a gradual cool-down isn't exactly what I'm looking for.
Sponsored