Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Quentin you are fantastic! Thank you very much for uploading the photos, they help a lot. I expect to receive the package with the side markers hopefully by the end of this week, so I will do the installation during the weekend.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, a quick question.

I am about to install the side markers. I will do the splicing on the license plate light wires the proper way, by NOT using the crappy T-Tap connectors. To do that I will have to remove the T-Taps by cutting them out. If I am not mistaken, I remember someone in this thread said that, for some reason, we should not cut those T-Taps?

Can someone confirm that it is actually OK to remove the T-Taps by cutting them out? I don't see why there would be a problem, but it doesn't hurt to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John, I see. Just wanted to check, to make sure that I won't damage anything. Will do the installation during the weekend and will post some photos.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Just installed Diode Dynamics smoked side markers. Thank you all for your help.

It is an easy installation, I just took my time to make everything as good as I could. I don't have jack stands, so it was a bit hard to work under the car in order to tidy up the wires and secure them using zip ties.

Just an FYI, like you all did, I connected the side marker's wires to the rear plate light. I did not use the T-Tap connectors included in the kit, because the connection would be very poor and I was certain that the side markers would stop working after a while (see [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION]'s experience). Instead, I cut out the T-Tap connectors and I spliced the wires (let me know if you need further info on that).

After that I wrapped each connection individually and then both connections together with self fusing tape (3M Scotch 23). This is a very important step, something that I always do when I splice wires, because now the connections are 100% water proof, heat resistant and robust - they should last forever!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
And this is where did the installation of the side markers on my car. At the edge of my garage! :headbonk:

The access to work under the car was very easy.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored